Nitefly M pickup changes - dimarzios in a dark guitar

chewpac

working up to 7...
Reaction score
Hey all, new guy to these boards. Seems like a great place to hang out.

I'm on a weird journey with my Parker nitefly m. The stock pickups weren't my thing. Swapped them out a couple of years back for a lower output set. I recently decided I'd like to play it more and that it's going to get a higher output set for more prog metal stuff.

I just installed a crunch lab/liquifire in it. The pickups are very cool and I think they would sound killer in a brighter guitar. I think the Parker is just a darker sounding guitar.

I've been looking for higher output and more cut. I've got a set of d activators on the way, and I'm hoping they will get me where I want to be.

Anyone been on a similar path? Probably going to put the cl/lf on the block soon. As much as I can hear their potential, they just don't get where I want them to go.

D activators in a darker piece of mahogany?

Other suggestions if they don't work out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

redskyharbor

Despises crabcore.
Reaction score
Mark Morton's signature Dominion pickups sound fairly decent from what I've heard, his Jackson signature guitars are mahogany-bodied if I recall correctly so they could be worth a shot. Other than that I'd probably agree on the D Activators. :2c:

chewpac

working up to 7...
Reaction score
Mark Morton's signature Dominion pickups sound fairly decent from what I've heard, his Jackson signature guitars are mahogany-bodied if I recall correctly so they could be worth a shot. Other than that I'd probably agree on the D Activators. :2c:

I hadn't considered the dominions... I'll keep them in mind. Thanks.