NJD - New (Another :D) Jackson Day!!

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
W00t - just scored a German made OFR off eBay!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Bro, try to get a Gotoh Floyd. Should fit, is less than $200, and is the tightest Floyd I've played to date.

QFT

Best aftermarket floyds on the market by far.

Cheapest of the big brands too.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
QFT

Best aftermarket floyds on the market by far.

Cheapest of the big brands too.
Got an excellent condish MIG OFR this morning - it should be here by Friday :)

Xherion

Reaction score
Congrats. I've got one myself and love the neck. I don't use the trem so I got the stock still in mine, but I installed a 3/4" brass KGC block in there and it adds a ton of sustain and clarity.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So after a good week of waiting my MIG Official Floyd Rose came in yesterday. It's amazing that for a trem from 1989 it's in very good condition - all the tuners work, nothing was cracked. There was some paint discoloration but besides that it's perfect.

After a long day of work I swung by my local music store and grabbed a pair of EB Coated Slinky 10-52s since I eventually want this guitar to have it's trem blocked for dive only with a d-tuna.

Took like 5 minutes to clean up with Gorgomyte (amazing) and the frets are extemely shiny. The maple fretboard has no gunk on it now and feels great. The trem was intonated for 10-52 in E and I had to tweak the truss rod since there was a backbow.

After finally setting it up - wow. This trem is awesome and so much smoother and easier to play on and Whoop WHoop on :D It also fit the stock trem's cavity pretty well. There is some extra space on the bass side but eh doesn't bother me as much since the cavity is painted black.

Pics :)
KL4wY.jpg

gZpnV.jpg

VQoSM.jpg

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Those are badass dude. I've only been able to play one, and that was before Fender bought em. I'm not sure if the quality/anything else has changed on them since then.. but the DK2M's are fucking SeeeeeeHhhhhheeeheeHeeheehX!

mountainjam

Reaction score
I dont check the 6 string section very much, but a late congrats to yah. and yeah, damn, white pups would just be to cool on that thing.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, I didn't see this one before! Congratulations man, she looks beautiful! Definitely classy, and totally loving the maple fretboard with the black inlays :)

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, I didn't see this one before! Congratulations man, she looks beautiful! Definitely classy, and totally loving the maple fretboard with the black inlays :)

Thanks man - it's definitely a classy guitar and it's giving me ideas for a custom :D

')