NMD - "Type O Negativezation" of my RG7321 (56k=safe)

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
After returning from Miami, I finally could mod my 7 to make it more Br00t4lz.

First, the "Type O" Mod. This is lime green duck/duct tape:
(blurry pics suck, sorry guys!)

Now, it's time for some "Meshugganization" Behold, the BIG ASS GAUGE SET FROM HELL!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I deem this guitar metulz, kvlt, and GREEN!

Wait..... Make it.....

SUPAH GREEN!!!
djrubyrhod.jpg

Anyways, OBVIOUS issues:

1- Some strings doesn't fit on the nut. I don't feel like filing them since this set won't be permanent...

2- Hard time intonating 7th and 6th strings. That's what you get for trying to tune a 25.5" scale to F... I already knew this, but again, this is all experimental...

Tonewise, I doesn't sound like shit, but it doesn't sound awesome either. Again, the scale is the culprit here... It's a matter of molding a good patch on Pod Farm...

Feelwise, it feels great. The tension calculator I used (which I forgot the name :lol:) worked like a charm. Exactly like a regular light 7 set feels like tuned to B...

So there you have it. My "Type O Shuggah" RG!!!
:lol::lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ncbrock

Reaction score
hmm interesting. Im thinking of doing the same on my 7 string, was worried about the muddyness or whatnot. Im still debating on what to use for the f#. I use a .070 for a on my 7th string and a .054-.012 for the rest and its perfect for me. So im wondering for F# if a .080 will be good or a .085 would be best.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It looks fucking badass!!!

Though, that tape on the fretboard is making me cringe. :lol:

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
RUBY RHOD FTW!

Guitar looks sick dude, but won't the strings rub the tape off after a few minutes?

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
RUBY RHOD FTW!

Guitar looks sick dude, but won't the strings rub the tape off after a few minutes?

Actually, no... I can't even feel the tape there, since it's so thin... Also, with the big frets, I don't even touch the fingerboard that much :lol:

Ugly as sin :lol:

OI! CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT....

...CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT!!!!!!

:rofl:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Love those inlays! I did the same thing on one of my old strats and loved it. :yesway:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i had a gibson les paul when i was 14. i used flourecent green model paint to paint the mother of pearl inlays green like yours lol. did i mention it was a 1969 les paul? how does that guitar sound? i couldnt even get the pups in my 7321 to sound good tuned to b standard lol.

thesimo

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm....
does it stay anywhere near in-tune with winds like that? and all that foam under the strings?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Don't listen to the haters! Join my ugly 7321 mod group :lol: I jest he he, thats pretty awesome, though the srings hurt my brain.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
...how does that guitar sound? i couldnt even get the pups in my 7321 to sound good tuned to b standard lol.

Sounds ok, I got a blaze/evo combo which is very nice! ;)

hmmmmmmm....
does it stay anywhere near in-tune with winds like that? and all that foam under the strings?

Surprisingly, yes it does!

Don't listen to the haters! Join my ugly 7321 mod group :lol: I jest he he, thats pretty awesome, though the srings hurt my brain.

I'm not gonna lie, the .80 is kinda overkill for this scale. But this was an experiment so... :shrug:

Thank you very much for the feedback guys! :bowdown:

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
- EDIT -

So, after a lot of fiddling around with the new gauge, I guess I'll abandon it. I'm not happy with the tones I'm getting with these strings. I mean, there is a lot to be done to make it at least playable. Things such as filing the nut, filing some frets, and etc.. And also it will never completely work, because of the intonation issue. Which is damn obvious. Too bad I'll have to ditch a new set of strings (or at least the .80 one)

So my verdict is:

-Is it doable (F tuning, 25.5" scale)?
Yes

-Is it worth it?
If you are on a REAL tight budget and want to shuggah a lil bit, well then yes. If this is a permanent thing, then get a baritone. That's why it was invented lol...

I might try tuning up to G and see what happens... Oh well

')