NOGD - Reunited and it feels so good!

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
So for a while, I was into my whole "if it ain't a shredder, I don't want it" phase. And while I still sort of am, I wanted this baby back. I gave it to my grandparents, as it was my father's guitar and he passed away. It wasn't getting much playing time, and I didn't want such an expensive guitar around the house if I wasn't using it. But after a visit, I wanted to take it home. They were more than willing to do so. So here she is, making her inevitable return home!

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0035.jpg

It's a '91 Gibson Les Paul Custom in Tobacco Burst. This thing is absolutely monstrous. Has sustain for days. I'm glad to finally have it back. It's currently in D Standard, but it will be dropped a step. I want to put a set of BKP Rebel Yells in, but we shall see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
Les Paul Customs are 140% win. Definitely a must-have for me in the future.

Dooky

Reaction score
Holy shizzle that looks nice!
I have my old man's Gibson Les Paul Custom too. Mines black. Great playing and sounding guitars IMO. It's the only 'traditional' guitar I own too. All my others are shredders/super strats.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Verrrrrry nice. Still have irrational GAS for LP's, particularly silverburst customs (ideally with a slightly green aging finish)... but that would be a damn nice second.

iff

Reaction score
Beautiful. Love tobacco burst LPs.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I love her. Thinking about recording some metal clips with it. Dat chunk.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
I've never been the biggest fan of Gibsons in general, but some Les Pauls are real gems and yours looks to be one of them. Such a classy guitar. :D

Grats on the reunion, dude!

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Fuck, that thing is pretty! I love bound top and back guitars. Especially Les Pauls. I will one day own a Les Paul Custom!!!!!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
This guitar will be used for a hardcore punk project I'm starting. Something like Pulling Teeth, Trash Talk, and Ceremony. It just has that vintage hot tone and sounds awesome through my 6505+.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I don't know why but, I loved tuning my Les Paul copies and actual Les Pauls I had down to B and just played 2 chords at full blast, always :D....

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The funny thing is, when my dad was asked if I would be a guitarist, he replied "No way. He'll never touch a guitar. He'll be a drummer." And oddly enough, before knowing that, I took an interest in drums about 3 years ago.

Latest posts

')