"Non-Djent" 8 string bands

• Thread starter Don Vito
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xchristopherx

Reaction score
Little tybee is incredible sounding. What a refreshing band. Thank you for sharing that with me. You hooked me with the 8 string. But kept me with beautiful imagination.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
I use one in Shroud of Bereavement, but I haven't recorded anything with it yet. I'm playing a 7 in this video, but it should give you a feel for what we sound like and how non-djent we are :lol:

Don Vito

Reaction score
haha I never actually did buy an 8 string

Decided to go with a normal 7, wish I had gone with an 8 though.

gulli05

Music/Guitar Addict
Reaction score
Rusty Cooley when back in Outworld played a 8-string with high A as well as a 7-string. Prelude to Madness is one of the tracks he used his 8-string for and I believe he also uses it on The Never.

Charlie in Haken incorporates 8-string guitar however Richard uses a 7-string and does some keyboard sections (along with their keyboardist).
Tom MacLean, guitarist for To-Mera and bassist for Haken is actually borrowing Charlie's 8-string to do the rhythms for To-Mera's upcoming album this year. So yeah, To-Mera is gonna be using 8-string soon, but they've always used 7-string before that.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
Forgot about PDP as well....use 8 and 9 strings. This song is more groovy than some of their other stuff, defo worth a look at. Also, agree with the All Shall Perish suggestion. Their new album, "This is Where It Ends" probably has one of the most ridiculous openings I've heard in a few years.

i had a chance to meet up with the PDP guys at NAMM. did a little interview with them for my youtube channel. super nice guys, fun as hell. i cant wait to catch up with them!

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Cry For Silence - melodic metalcore

guy in latvia

Reaction score
Some Leprous songs (last 2 albums) have 8 string material on them, very awesome avant-garde/prog!

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Removing this before another lovely person neg reps me for a post that was not meant to insult in the first place. I was being completely honest to the OP, your insecurity about my personal experiences is not welcome in any way.

Really wish I could find out who it is though, I have a few things to say.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
The new Pestilence album is on 8 strings.

naw38

Reaction score
Really bad quality video, which is a shame, because it's a cool video and an awesome song.

Six Days Of Silence - YouTube

Not sure if he's using an 8 in this song, or maybe not even the album it's from, but by their second album, Antigravity, he certainly is using an 8.

This is Cripple Mr. Onion, a New Zealand band. They're awesome, and don't really seem to be up to much these days.

EDIT: God damnit, I thought embedding would actually put the video in my post. Oh well.

Last edited:
')