Noob needs help

• Thread starter jameshasnames
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jameshasnames

Reaction score
so i've only been playing guitar for about a year. i must admit, i dont know a whole lot about theory and such, but i know i love the way a good 7 string sounds and i am under the impression that it would be better for the heavier music that i play. so do you have any advice for me? how difficult is it to make the switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!

The switch won't be too bad. You'll be getting an extra string and 5 extra notes. That's pretty much about it. While I alternate between 6s and 7s, the switch for me was quick.

See if there's a few 7 strings in a local music store, try them out and see which suits you best. :yesway:

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
:welcome:

Alongside Bloody Inferno's good advice, the 7 string necks will be a little thicker, and you likely won't be able to chord with your thumb on the low E (if you were doing things like that), but given that you like the extended range sound, go try one.

Lasik124

Reaction score
Welcome!
Its not hard and for me was thrilling, And new!
At the point I'm at now I barely even pick up six strings!

Reaction score
I'm with Lasik124, you may never go back to a 6! hahaha, it's been a good month or so since i've picked up 6. i also agree with the rest of the posts.... find a local dealer and try one!:woot:

')