Noob: please help me find a 7 string!

mickeyr

Reaction score
hey guys
pretty new to the forum though iv read here a lot. i would really aprreiciate if you can help my find my first seven. :metal:

the specs im looking for are such:
body: mahogany (if not available then ash)
neck: hardwood like maple
fretboard: preferably maple, guess i could use a rosewood if the guitar has amaple or hardwood top:scratch:
bridge: OFR7 a good floating trem is a must
pickups: passive pickups, saw many guitars with liqifire and crunchlab not sure about the liquifire
neck shape: preferably thin, but not vey thin. i got small hands and im really happy with my LTD EC neckshape - thin but not flat
finish: preferably satin
bodyshape: super strat/soloist preferably with ergonomic feature like hand and belly contour

i must add iv been looking lately into the blackat guitars and they seem really well made. the feral is there cheepest model and its over my budget by just enough that im considering it. the only problem is that they only add the floyd upgrade for the other more expensive models. have any of ypu dealt with them and know if they can put a floyd in a feral or are the other models worth the extra buck?(im not looking for the case/ stainless frets and features they add to the ninja and leon but only speaking of quality)

thanks a lot or keeping with me so far:bowdown::lol:
cheers!:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeChugs

Reaction score
you know that Blackat would have to be ordered from Europe?

What exactly is your budget? This may be up your alley:
The ESP Guitar Company | 2013 USA Website

Keep in mind that both Seymour Duncan and BKP are making active size housing for passive pickups now, so aside from the electronics switching out those EMG's would be easy. The neck profile will not be far different from your EC, except for it being wider. ESPs still have a more curved fretboard radius.

If you want to go cheaper, and basswood (which i much prefer in 7's) then the Ibanez Iron Label RG 7 is nice. Electric Guitars - RGIR27E | Ibanez guitars
Neck is a little flatter, but not much thinner since its not a prestige neck
Also this: Floating term, passive pickups, but basswood.
Electric Guitars - RG927QM | Ibanez guitars

Lastly there this, mahogany body, passive pups, floating term:
Electric Guitars - S5427 | Ibanez guitars
Issue here is thin neck, high price tag.

')