NORGD: Jackson DR-7

• Thread starter jwthompson21
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwthompson21

Machines of Hate
Reaction score
So this started out as my dream to match the DR-7 neck (from a complete guitar) to a King V body (I got both on the 'bay), and of course the string spacing was not suitable for a floyd. Sooooooo... from August until November I patiently repainted the bland black guitar into something more suitable: BEHOLD! New Old Repainted Guitar Day!

DSCF2119.jpg

DSCF2120.jpg

DSCF2115.jpg

DSCF2114.jpg

I know it's not a great paintjob by any stretch, but it polished out pretty smooth and I put like 14 coats after primer to get some depth in the white and red contrast.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
As crazy as this may sound, I think I would like it better with different knobs. Personally, I think the knobs make it look "cheap", where if you had some knobs that matched a little better, the whole guitar would look "artistic".

Reaction score
As crazy as this may sound, I think I would like it better with different knobs. Personally, I think the knobs make it look "cheap", where if you had some knobs that matched a little better, the whole guitar would look "artistic".

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pictures.

As long as YOU'RE happy with it though, doesn't matter! rock on:hbang:

jwthompson21

Machines of Hate
Reaction score
Good call on the knobs, I was being cheap! They were off of my old AX-7221. Maybe some red ones instead?

clouds

Reaction score
I'd say some black domes for knobs, to contrast the white.

')