Northlane - RA

• Thread starter brutalwizard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew0472

Reaction score
Sounds kinda different, which they said it would. I kinda like it! Will probs grow on me.

Much better than rot...

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Is this pre-pro? It sounds pretty weak to me overall, just doesn't have the same size as the previous material mix wise. The chorus also sounds a little weird but I'm sure it'll grow on me, definitely not bad overall as a track though, I just hope they spend more time mixing it and such.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Is this pre-pro? It sounds pretty weak to me overall, just doesn't have the same size as the previous material mix wise. The chorus also sounds a little weird but I'm sure it'll grow on me, definitely not bad overall as a track though, I just hope they spend more time mixing it and such.

It's not pre pro, download the WAV version if you want to hear the mix properly. We went for a really raw & authentic drums and a less hot master so the record is more dynamic.

JeffTD

Reaction score
Really liking this, and absolutely loving the new singer. Soundscape is huge... Will did some really cool stuff with the wet FX and gtr layering on this record.

20francesco11

Reaction score
The song really grows on me, I love that. Procution sounds really good to me as well. I love that they go for a more natural sound than most other “Djent” bands do. The outro atmosphere reminds me a bit of Gojira which makes it even better to me. I also love the idea with the tracklist hidden in the twitter accounts.

Reaction score
First album was great, second was okay nothing special. New one will be meh. More of the same, and watered down, and not as good vocalist(lyrically at least). Not a big deal, plenty of other similar bands to listen to.

MY OPINION. Before anyone want's to call me some hater hipster.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I think the natural approach is really refreshing. I'm certainly stoked to hear the rest of the album.

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
The song managed to grow on me pretty quickly, but I still hope that the rest of the album will be different than this/Rot and will have some more intricacy that made Discoveries and to some extent Singularity two of my favorite albums. Although what I can say for sure - the atmospheric and melodic parts are really good and Marcus is doing great job, I'm just a bit let down by the heavier side of things... Still I have to hear the full thing to really know.

Btw Josh, is it you or Marcus writing the lyrics for Ra/album?

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Btw Josh, is it you or Marcus writing the lyrics for Ra/album?

It's me for the majority of the record. Marcus/nic had a few lines and ideas that made it onto the record but besides that it was either stuff I'd written prior to entering the studio or in the studio under Will's guidance. Most of my work was thrown out when we did pre pro when we arrived but a lot of lines/ideas carried through as well as one full song.

Latest posts

')