Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I feel like every time I step outside my front door is a risk, may as well take calculated ones in a direction I want to go. If I get a guitar that plays great, looks great and has a few minor flaws, I’ll report them to you guys so you can be upset for me :lol: Real talk, I have had exceedingly good luck up to this point with my builds, and if it “sparks joy” (thank you Asian meme lady), I won’t go looking for a reason for it not to. But when it comes in I don’t mind giving a good honest review either, I’ll probably be happy either way.

I’m the opposite. I’ve had so many luthiers take my money and disappear that I’m petrified about ordering. I reeeeaaallly want to get one of these, but I’m going to wait it out, as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
the jack placement is atrocious on the space tele.
MuH eRgOnOmIcS
nlahau.jpg

open

open

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Yeah after my experience with the Falbo run I'm gonna wait until these things are actually real and in the wild before I even consider ordering one.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah after my experience with the Falbo run I'm gonna wait until these things are actually real and in the wild before I even consider ordering one.
I'm trying so hard not to order one. I've been waiting for this for years, but especially since Ivan said they're hammered just trying to make their deadlines...feels risky

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I'm thinking of it like it's a new Jackson model- they announce it but it's not actually available for at least 9 months :lol:

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
Well, obviously it’s ugly as sin

However, I think it’s great that both Tosin and Ibanez are reinventing the norm

Ibanez is my favorite guitar company and they’ve had the same body (the beautifully simple SS) forever

In a recent interview even Steve Van said he was hoping to see more new ideas outside the box

Here’s one to start! I’d love to try it. I’m not a AAL fan but I respect their novelty

Has anyone played one of these?

My $.02

Avedas

Reaction score
I played a couple of the Falbos that were part of that Japan shipment last year. The two I played were great but the price was about double what it should have been.

I ran into some of the recent pre-NAMM models today though. I didn't bother playing them but they looked pretty damn sloppy for the 570000 JPY price tag.

jvyiff.jpg

lgojgi.jpg

It's a bit harder to see in that first pic but the frets and neck joint were a mess on both.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I played a couple of the Falbos that were part of that Japan shipment last year. The two I played were great but the price was about double what it should have been.

I ran into some of the recent pre-NAMM models today though. I didn't bother playing them but they looked pretty damn sloppy for the 570000 JPY price tag.

It's a bit harder to see in that first pic but the frets and neck joint were a mess on both.

Eeek, those are some Invictus-level fret edges.

btw, were you doing the rounds for the Tokyo Guitar Fair?

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Am I crazy or does it look like the edge of the fretboard was painted black? Definitely doesn't look bound.

All the talk of quality previously seems quaint now.

Last edited:

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is everybody making it so hard to orde
Am I crazy or does it look like the edge of the fretboard was painted black? Definitely doesn't look bound.

All the talk of quality previously seems quaint now.
It looks like one of the side dots was painted over.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I almost hit the order button but I just couldn’t justify the expense :argue:

Instead I ordered something else to cure the gas, an Ibanez Jem FP.

(Miniature guitar) :cond: that will save me right?

Oh BTW, for anyone interested you can request no inlays on your order.