Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Demiurge

Reaction score
i know some ordered and fair fucks to you but if i were any of you other interested buyers, i would wait this out if i were you/

Unfortunately, it seems that some 'civilians' will have to throw themselves on the early-adopter grenade eventually.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Most likely burned through. My eye looks like a black binding that got sanded WAY back during the fret dress.
Sanding through 1/16" of binding isn't an easy task. It looks like paint, it goes onto the body too, and that side dot is definitely painted over.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still seeing binding, especially the part on the body. Looks like it was 1/16" thick and it was filed down, and the extra you're seeing on the body end is essentially it's original width. :2c:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
I have zero problems with hackjob prototypes and maybe these should be judged as such. But until you can produce actual up to snuff instruments at the facility that will build out orders with the people that will be doing the builds then you have no business taking orders.

Where's the Grover builds? Jeez, how dumb would it be to have 5 or so clean builds out of Grovers place to show? It's not like they wouldn't sell in an hour.

A-Branger

Reaction score
the jack placement is atrocious on the space tele.
MuH eRgOnOmIcS
nlahau.jpg

open

open

prob was still a test prototype, as all of the Abasi in the wild right now.

All the ones at NAMM had different features. Like all have different set of tunners (maybe hacked from old Tosin's guitars, or spare parts laying around to finish them quick).... But also there was 2-3 different control plate routings/designs on the guitars

arhg

Reaction score
You're in Europe though, you get all the EU dealers! I'm just excited there's finally a brand I like and don't have to import from Poland. looks at Mayones

Good lord! Indeed I am in Europe. Mayones had some slick builds.

Feel free to namedrop any and all other European builders you can think of.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
You're in Europe though, you get all the EU dealers! I'm just excited there's finally a brand I like and don't have to import from Poland. looks at Mayones

You think so, until you're in Europe. Get ready for 20% VAT. Cheaper to buy a Mayones from Europe and import it to the US honestly.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I have zero problems with hackjob prototypes and maybe these should be judged as such. But until you can produce actual up to snuff instruments at the facility that will build out orders with the people that will be doing the builds then you have no business taking orders.

Where's the Grover builds? Jeez, how dumb would it be to have 5 or so clean builds out of Grovers place to show? It's not like they wouldn't sell in an hour.

Not to offer an excuse for this kind of behavior, because it should never be a reasonable excuse. But in this case I'm a tad more forgiving, because Tosin probably lost and has quite a few dollars tied up between Frank and the case between them. He launched the first Abasi venture with Falbo builds to present at NAMM 2018, and while it'd make more sense to hold off another 4 - 5 months to present fully Grover builds, missing NAMM is kind of a big deal.

I'm certainly not going to be a first adopter here, but I'd give them a chance to properly launch before giving them too much flack all things considered.

You think so, until you're in Europe. Get ready for 20% VAT. Cheaper to buy a Mayones from Europe and import it to the US honestly.

You're not even kidding, I think it cost me like 2400 US or something for one of my Duvells a few years back and the import was just about $150 or so. Was a bit over 3k new.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I'm still seeing binding, especially the part on the body. Looks like it was 1/16" thick and it was filed down, and the extra you're seeing on the body end is essentially it's original width. :2c:
Have it on good authority there was never binding on that neck.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Good lord! Indeed I am in Europe. Mayones had some slick builds.

Feel free to namedrop any and all other European builders you can think of.
Mayones, Skervesen, SMP (kinda new to me - unsure of their rep), Blackat, Aristides, Daemoness (long wait of course), Strandberg (custom no longer an option), Ran (seems to be defunct right now), Waghorn, Markline, Carillion...

Just off the top of my head. There's more I can't recall right now of course.

So who has actually ordered an Abasi here? They said they're swamped, somebody must have.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Excerpt from Guitar World article:

The Tele-referencing Larada Space T, offered at a base price of $2,469, features stainless steel, standard frets; a Wilkinson 3-Saddle T-style bridge; Hipshot Vintage tuners; a bone nut; Fishman Greg Koch signature pickups; 3-way switching; 1 volume + 1 tone; dual voice mode; a 10-inch – 14-inch compound radius and a 25.5-inch scale length.

xRxp255JVouukAPPWRLoVE-650-80.jpg

Somewhere there:

Thoughts?

Looks like there were interesting demos...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
John Mayer’s other guitar player used one on Ellen

It’d be funny if he took all this time to design a proggy djenty boy 8 string and it’s the dildo headstock Tele that becomes big.

Wait, so the 6-string, "classic" variant is the most popular and not the super niche one? Whodathunkit. :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It's growing on me. When it's sitting on on someone's leg all the ugly functional bits disappear and it looks pretty cool IMO.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
People always hating on ugly like it doesn’t make your girlfriend a saint for staying with you :lol: I love a classic tele, but there’s absolutely no reason for a guitar to feel like you’re playing a bag of remotes anymore, and fresh looks is part of better design. Like, I’ll drive a ‘65 Mustang for the looks alone but fuck I’m not going to the next state over in it, feel me?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
People always hating on ugly like it doesn’t make your girlfriend a saint for staying with you :lol: I love a classic tele, but there’s absolutely no reason for a guitar to feel like you’re playing a bag of remotes anymore, and fresh looks is part of better design. Like, I’ll drive a ‘65 Mustang for the looks alone but fuck I’m not going to the next state over in it, feel me?

Slapping a bevel on something and having a famous guitarist shred on it does not an ergonomic guitar make.

It's not like you can't get a Tele with a bevel/forearm/comfort-cuts in 2019. :lol:

That said, this is probably the most interesting/compelling guitar to come out of those clusterfuck.

xzacx

Reaction score
I kinda like the look of this Tele, but then again I think actual Teles are ugly. (Not necessarily blackguards, but things like paisleys/sparkles and the type of shit guys that like Teles tend to be into.)