Not so good NGD.

• Thread starter pondman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metlupass2

Reaction score
I had an idiot ship a Custom Suhr Modern all the way from Norway to Chicago in the hard case only. Oh he was thoughtful enough to add some tape too. I was so sure it was broken but by some miracle it wasn't.

The case was damaged and he refused a partial refund so I left him negative feedback which I think might have been the only time and he freaked out. His reasoning was that he never said the case was in mint condition and that I already got a good deal. He accepted my best offer btw. What a total ....head but it's my favorite guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonsick

Reaction score
I ordered a bass from a guitar store a while ago and at the same time I ordered a hard case.

In the special notes section, I said "Please pack the bass into the hardcase for shipping".

Did they? Lord no. Case arrived perfectly intact, bass arrived in several pieces.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why would anyone think that WOULDN'T get broken?

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
^Exactly ! This guy is a complete idiot and conversation has been interesting to say the least. He has until Saturday to refund :rolleyes:
I think he's hanging on to the end.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
I would not even have accepted the package looking how it is. Would have brought it back without even opening it.

antuni

Reaction score
thats not cool, hope you can get your money back

jrstinkfish

Reaction score
^Exactly ! This guy is a complete idiot and conversation has been interesting to say the least. He has until Saturday to refund :rolleyes:
I think he's hanging on to the end.
Obviously don't want to jeopardize your refund, but post that conversation when all is said and done :lol: I have one from an eBay guy who sold me an SG, "mint condition," that I was buying for a friend's wife who wanted to surprise him for Christmas. I opened the case and ... holy crap, it's not "mint" -- wasn't in terrible condition, but it had some good buckle carving on the back, a weird circular rippled area dead center in the back, about 3"x3", chips in the finish, and was just overall dirty -- and the conversation we had was amusing to say the least. Denied and denied that it wasn't "mint" for a few days. Wanted me to send it to him to inspect, and then he'd decide if I'd get a refund. Riiiiight. Once I produced pics of all the wear, he gave up and issued the refund (eBay would have done it regardless), never admitted his ad was misleading.

Don't want to jack your thread, but I can paste the convo/pics if anyone's interested :)

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll get my money back , its just a pain waiting.
I complained to ebay that I'd have to package it up properly and they sent me a £15 discount voucher :eek:

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Bro i am sorry this happened to you. People need to learn that shipping companies beat the .... out of everything. They pay basically nothing and you have to be there at like 4 am to load trucks. Things will get beat to ..... Hopefully you get your money back.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Its his deadline tomorrow. I told him last Saturday that the guitar was packed and ready and that as soon a he refunded me in full + the extra shipping I'd post it. I also rang ebay at the same time and they said the best result would be if he ignores me, which is exactly what he has done.
He obviously thinks I'll go away if he lies low :lol:

Reaction score
Make sure you put the same effort in packaging as he did, if you send it back. Maybe it'll be useless by the time he gets it and he cant sell it. Maybe, just possibly, he'll learn.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
How is that the best result? Do they actually want disarray?

Because he hasn't cooperated I will get a refund and wont have to send the guitar back.
If he acted like a grown up and communicated it would have been a long drawn out affair for me.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Damn, what a dumb situation! That guy is a certifiable idiot, both with packing it and now by ignoring you. It's like he thinks that since it's sold and he has the money, his lies don't matter and there won't be any consequences. It's not like eBay ever sides with the buyer or anything!

I've never had guitars get destroyed in transit, but I have received a few that had no padding in the case. One of them poked a hole in the case by the upper horn, I was most surprised that the guitar didn't break when that happened.
Have had amps come broken though. 2 5150 combos in a row from Musicians Friend came wrecked. First one had the "head" completely separated from the "cabinet", and the replacement didn't work at all. Of course MF tried to say they packed the amps well, but both were floating loose in a box way too big.

')