Not so new ngd. Cool Finnish stuff inside (56k has cooties)

Elijah

Reaction score
So after almost exactly a year since I originally received the guitar, I finally got around to taking pictures! Guess I've just been too lazy about it :lol:
I've raved about these on these boards before, but I can't say how much I really love these guitars. Sustain like crazy, (almost) resonates like an acoustic, neck is comfy as hell, completely reliable through climate change, super lightweight, capable of any style of music... The list just goes on and on. The cleans really rule on this thing, but it can be as heavy as you'd like it to be too. It gets as heavy as I want it to get anyways :yesway: The neck joint is more comfortable than most neck-thrus I've played on. I tried hard to get a good picture showing how nice it is, but it's just one of those "you gotta see it in person" things. Anyone looking for something a little different should totally check these out.

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

Also, I had BKP Rebel Yells installed :D
IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
What is that neck made of? Also the back of it (control cavity?) makes it look like a machine.

Elijah

Reaction score
The neck, just like the rest of pretty much the entire guitar (including the back plate), is made up of this flaxwood stuff. Here's a little bit from their website:

What is flaxwood exactly?

Flaxwood is an innovative new tone material that is created by breaking the grain structure of natural wood and injection-molding it into shape together with an acoustically sensitive binding agent.

What are flaxwood's benefits compared to those of natural wood?
In so many words, acoustic consistency and uniformly flawless quality. As it is rid of irregularities in composition such as the grain and knots found in traditional tonewoods, the acoustic response of flaxwood is such that it resonates with equal force in all directions, and gives an even dynamic response through a guitar's entire range. Flaxwood is also completely unaffected by changes in humidity, making it a more reliable tone material in changing conditions. Flaxwood is also an ecological alternative to wood species used in traditional instrument building that are slowly nearing extinction.

Al NiCotin

Reaction score
There's a Truss Rod :scratch: What for? j/k (Vigier player)

That said its the 2nd nice model I see from Flaxwood (why do I tend to read Wolfgang?)... kinda attractive. Congrats.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
wow, that's cool. what is the deal with the plate on the back of the body?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the look of these, I'd own one if they were cheaper.

wow, that's cool. what is the deal with the plate on the back of the body?

The bodies are basically hollow with the resonator plate on the back covering the chamber. The body is an injection-molded shell made from wood pulp and resin (dejargonizing the what is flaxwood bit).

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Love the look of these, I'd own one if they were cheaper.

Yeah I agree, the one I got was a steal for what I paid for it (and what I got back for it when it sold on eBay! :rofl:), but at the current new prices I'm not sure I'd be as quick to pull the trigger. I'd really love to try one of them without the EMGs though, I think with a nice set of passives the guitar would sound killer and the concept is pretty cool as far as environmentally-conscious purchases go. :agreed: Extra bonus, it would be really hard for anyone to collect your guitar over CITES issues... not a huge market for Brazilian Rosewood pulp! :D

That green finish is really neat too btw! The one I had was that flat black finish (like the neck on yours, but on the entire body too), the ones that get actual "color" finishes look so cool! :agreed:

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
How neat is that?

102410_neature_walk_t.jpg

That's pretty neat!

NeatureWalk2.jpg

But seriously though, that one of the cooler guitar design ideas I've seen in awhile. I might have to check one of these out.

Oh yeah and, it's missing a string. :squint: ;)

ibanez4lifesz

@TheGuitarRack
Reaction score
Been curious about these for a while...nice to see some actual user reviews on the forums...might have to finally grab one.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That green finish is really neat too btw! The one I had was that flat black finish (like the neck on yours, but on the entire body too), the ones that get actual "color" finishes look so cool! :agreed:

Yeah I agree, I absolutely love the colored finishes on these, they look fantastic

I can upload some clips if you guys want sometime next week or so.

Clips are always good :D

orakle

djentleman
Reaction score
those Flaxwood guitars really intrigate me, need to try one whenever I get the chance !

Latest posts

')