Not sure how to recreate these sound effects/ Hows my first mix?

Sebazz1998

Reaction score
I'm not exactly a beginner at recording but I'm sorta still learning alot of things. Anyway, I'm not sure how to recreate the sound at 1:06 on Isolated Incidents Animals As Leaders - "Isolated Incidents" (official stream) - YouTube When the guitars come in and it sort of swells(?).

I'm also wondering how they get the breakdown to come in sounding so freaking heavy at 3:15 in Decade of statues by BTBAM its like a freaking bomb goes off! Animals As Leaders - "Isolated Incidents" (official stream) - YouTube

And as a sidenote I recently finished recording my first entire song with all instruments in it. How does it sound/How can I improve it?
https://soundcloud.com/sebazz1998/original-song-1

MANY THANKS :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Damnit my bad Between The Buried And Me - Foam Born: (b) The Decade of Statues (HQ) - YouTube . And yeah I know its a fade in but its like stereo. Im not sure how to describe it, maybe my ears are playing tricks on me :/

Do a fade on both the left and right tracks? Also you could do a fade with a pan automation to make it sound like it starts on one side an fades in to the other.

Not exactly sure how to do bass drops, but that's what that is in the BTBAM song.

gamber

Reaction score
bass drops are sine wave automations, plenty of youtube tutorials