"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
My mom wanted to go to Paisley Park. It was alright. They only had some of Prince's guitars and gear on display (and even less that I could photograph). Some of the stuff doesn't seem like his gear too.
I don't remember Prince ever using an Iceman or a Jet City.
Also they had this shit for 10k lol

🤔

Attachments

• PXL_20240818_154745943.jpg
    PXL_20240818_154745943.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20240818_154752919.jpg
    PXL_20240818_154752919.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Come on, WMI/Schecter..... could stash dope in the fret slot!

View attachment 148359

And the other schecter I got in recently had the Schecter Special- low string nut slot cut so low the string is bangin' off the first fret.

Schecter imports are always so close to getting an entire instrument right but just fall short somewhere.

So update on this one- sent it back and got a replacement. The replacement has no issues aside from a super creaky truss rod but it works so I'm keeping it.

As far as the other one with the badly cut nut, it had some raised burrs and even a cracked finish blister in the satin sprayed neck. Schecter was more than happy to replace that one for me, so I'm waiting to see what door #2 has behind it when it comes in.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My mom wanted to go to Paisley Park. It was alright. They only had some of Prince's guitars and gear on display (and even less that I could photograph). Some of the stuff doesn't seem like his gear too.
I don't remember Prince ever using an Iceman or a Jet City.
Also they had this shit for 10k lol

🤔
The purple tolex Mesa cab is tight. I'd go if I was in the area, but I know the drill. It's been years, but Graceland was kinda' weird and kinda' money grubbing.

Reaction score
I randomly remembered I had a bunch of stems and multitracks in a folder somewhere. I went through looking for all the Marilyn Manson ones but stumbled upon some Machine Head ones I forgot I had and never listened to. Dear lord the guitar tone they had was great. I know people have said that for a while but I never paid Machine Head a whole lot of attention past a few songs and in the mix for some reason it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as isolated. I think this is the only time I've really ever dug a 5150 tone.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I randomly remembered I had a bunch of stems and multitracks in a folder somewhere. I went through looking for all the Marilyn Manson ones but stumbled upon some Machine Head ones I forgot I had and never listened to. Dear lord the guitar tone they had was great. I know people have said that for a while but I never paid Machine Head a whole lot of attention past a few songs and in the mix for some reason it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as isolated. I think this is the only time I've really ever dug a 5150 tone.
Which Machine Head album was it?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question for the vocalist in the audience.

Stamina. Particularly during normal ranged singing, talking about the stuff that just above speaking range and projection.

Heavy vocals, gutturals, falsetto and even head voice not really an issue. Pretty comfortable with false cord, using your mouth and singing from your diaphragm.

That stuff in the middle and down low where you're definitely using some of the throat just feels like absolute torture after not very long. Is it a warm up thing, a training thing?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'm not a vocal expert by any stretch, but I've found that any time stamina is a problem, for me it's usually because I'm breathing from the wrong place. Whenever I run out of steam, I catch myself breathing from the chest, which doesn't give you much to work with.

')