"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
TFW when you see a post you just made with dumb typos but it's already past the Edit window:

brainlet-tries-to-put-shape-in-head.png

It is amazing how much I rely on autocorrect while typing on my phone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Ok so I've changed both of my 7 strings to be in a standard style tuning.
one at regular standard B and one half step down B flat

the drop D style drop G# and drop A I was in just got super boring to play. Standard is kinda more fun (to me at least), and it's just kinda meaner sounding in a 7 string 🤔 🤔

Intonation is holding up better too for both my basses and guitars. Although I can't quite get that low B in perfect intonation with my skervesen. I run out of room with the spring and screw, but it's not terribly far off at least.
I've got an 8 string guitar where I've had to pull the springs off the bridge, and file the back end of the saddle until I could screw it back far enough to intonate. When it comes to intonation, I go full-blown mad scientist. Maybe not as bad as Cannibal Corpse in the studio, taking drills to their floyds to get 'em intonated in that one studio vid, but damn close.
I go BALLISTIC when I'm at home and see a bug of any kind inside. If I see a fly float by the glow of the TV light, I'm up faster than a lightning bolt ready to turn into the jagermeister himself until I annihilate it. And don't even get me started on if I see an ant walk by. That hasn't happened this year because I got to spraying the boundaries early enough (knock on wood) bit it was a rough couple days for my family last year witnessing me run around like Walter White in the Fly episode tracing the very origin of where the ants made their way in and chemically firebombing them back into the previous winter.
Aggressive warrior scale rating of 8/10 when adjusted for size, 3/10 when not. Well done. Chemical warfare. Chemical firebombing. Walter White / The Fly reference. This rates high enough to be passed to the review board. Expect your barbarian medal in the mail in 6-8 weeks.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I feel bad for the bugs that get trapped in my house, not the ants who bring their cavalcade of bullshit in though. I try to save the ones that are simply lost before the dog gets em. Global warming should be fixed any day now.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I feel bad for the bugs that get trapped in my house, not the ants who bring their cavalcade of bullshit in though. I try to save the ones that are simply lost before the dog gets em. Global warming should be fixed any day now.
I actually transport a lot of critters outside, especially spiders. Spiders kill insects = allies = you get a free ride to the utopia of the back yard, buddy. Thanks for eating some of the other bullshit that came in the house.

Ants die with extreme prejudice. I like to investigate the poisons we use on them to make sure they suffer a long, agonizing death, where they drag it back to the nest before they die so that the others can see it either as a warning or a "come and get it." Either way. Fuck those little assholes.

False scorpions, on the rare occasion I find them, get their own shrine built to them in the back room where they are free to eat as many dust mites as they care to. I worship at their altar several times a week.

Millipedes & centipedes are relegated to cat-toy status. Sorry bastards. You creep out the wife and she laughs as they rip you to shreds after fighting among themselves over who gets the ultimate honor of rending their carcass limb from spindly little limb.

Two of our cats have caught and killed birds, then brought them to us for their recognition.

My cats have all earned their barbarian medal. Our first three have theirs placed on their urn after they are ceremonially cremated in the way of the ancient hunters and placed in the shrine to the fallen on our living room wall.

My dogs? Look the fuck out. They've slaughtered rats, squirrels, rabbits, snakes, chipmunks, groundhogs, moles, this list could go on forever. Perhaps my favorite is the day that our old-timer brought us a bat. Big leathery fucker too. She's drinking ale in Valhalla with Odin, I guaran-fuckin-tee that shit.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Totally a not worth its thread post. Currently listed on Reverb:
33,774 Results for "fender"
17,519 Results for "gibson"
14,949 Results for "prs"
10,580 Results for "ibanez"
2,810 Results for "marshall"
2,079 Results for "mesa boogie"
1,888 Results for "esp"
But always 0 results for the specific item I'm looking for. :lol:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've got an 8 string guitar where I've had to pull the springs off the bridge, and file the back end of the saddle until I could screw it back far enough to intonate. When it comes to intonation, I go full-blown mad scientist. ...
not a bad idea tbh. But I don't want to do that to this skervesen lol. But with it in 1/2 step down tuning and a standard set of d'addario 10's, it's like the bridge needs to be back another 1/8th of an inch or 1/16th of an inch and then it'd be just right for the low B.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Ants die with extreme prejudice. I like to investigate the poisons we use on them to make sure they suffer a long, agonizing death, where they drag it back to the nest before they die so that the others can see it either as a warning or a "come and get it." Either way. Fuck those little assholes.
I got stoned and forgot a leftover piece of pizza in my microwave overnight once. I woke up to a microwave full of ants so I gladly gave 'em the heat. Burned my microwave up running it with them all up in the components and had to get a new one lol.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got stoned and forgot a leftover piece of pizza in my microwave overnight once. I woke up to a microwave full of ants so I gladly gave 'em the heat. Burned my microwave up running it with them all up in the components and had to get a new one lol.
Jfc lol

You should have thrown a CD (remember those?) in there with them for a lightning show ⚡⚡⚡

gabito

Advanced power chords user
Reaction score
I follow 5 Youtube channels, one is from a friend, 3 don't update regularly, the other one updates maybe weekly, and I feel like I'm following too many channels :lol:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really, really don't like YouTube channels that have a second channel.
Idk shit about it, but is there any advantage to having multiple channels? Other than having too much new content going at one time?

It doesn't seem like it would detract from views but I'm no egghead.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Idk shit about it, but is there any advantage to having multiple channels? Other than having too much new content going at one time?
You could monetize one channel and keep it clean, then throw up the same content uncensored on the other which will get demonetized.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You could monetize one channel and keep it clean, then throw up the same content uncensored on the other which will get demonetized.
I forgot about that facet.... Is youtube pretty strict on that stuff, in regard to dropping F bombs and such?

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I forgot about that facet.... Is youtube pretty strict on that stuff, in regard to dropping F bombs and such?
IDK about that, but for modern war tape shit it's pretty locked down. I guess the vendors are too church to be seen at the coliseum anymore.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

It doesn't seem like it would detract from views but I'm no egghead.
The way the YouTube algorithm works, you have to be super focused on one type of content for one specific target audience for a channel to get any kind of traction in recommendations. So a lot of content creators end up feeling trapped into a niche with their main channel and start other channels to upload other content that would get their primary channel nuked by the algorithm.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As far as I understand, if you are dropping F bombs in the first 30 seconds of a video the automatic content moderation will kill your video in the algorithm, but after that you can do whatever you want. So you'll see some YouTubers bleep out cuss words for exactly 30 seconds and then immediately drop an f bomb just to show their spite.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The way the YouTube algorithm works, you have to be super focused on one type of content for one specific target audience for a channel to get any kind of traction in recommendations. So a lot of content creators end up feeling trapped into a niche with their main channel and start other channels to upload other content that would get their primary channel nuked by the algorithm.
I'd be more forgiving if that were the case, typically.

Most of the channels I see running a second are just the same general content but less editing and less payoff.

As an example, I see that a lot with car YouTube channels that I watch. The main channel will be complete builds usually with significant progress and finished product. The secondary channel will usually be more dry content like installing glass or welding minor repairs.

It just feels like most of those channels go one of two ways. Either the second channel is junk content nobody really wants to watch anyway, or it diverges from the original channel and Waters the main content down.

There's a handful of creators I've seen that pull it off okay but most that I've seen, both channels end up suffering.

A lot of those channels the subject does the editing themselves or they may have one or two dedicated people who do their filming and editing. Most of the channels I watched that have quality content from one creator max out at maybe One update per week, and that usually is enough to get you an episode where they significant payoff as a viewer. Most of the time when they integrate a second channel, I start to notice the videos on the main channel coming out less often, are shorter, or are much lower quality.

And they are usually quick to say, oh, it's not easy doing all this work and filming and having time for yourself when you're putting out two or three videos a week. Okay so don't..?

And I get it, YouTube is a living for people now. But it's a living if you're putting out quality content. If all you're doing is trying to beat the algorithm by volume, you're not making your product with your viewers in mind.

Latest posts

')