"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
There's a pink Squier with only a humbucker in the bridge for only 150€. Now I've learnt how to level frets and I can easily change the nut, I also really like doing this stuff. And I have a bunch of spare pickups I can use on it.

It's calling to me 😩 Heeeeelp

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
It looks so basic, no bullshit finish that will peel off in 10 years. I....love it? 😨 Just a fret level and a EMG 85 in place of the stock pickup. File the nut a bit..
Is this a bad idea?

0373302555_sqr_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

Moongrum

Reaction score
What vpn do you guys use?
I was using privateinternetaccess for a little bit during the NFL season.
Tried NordVPN just now to try and watch the Euro final on one of the "free" British broadcasting thingies, but the streaming speed was ass. Not really sure if it was an issue with the vpn or what. Cancelling the service was a hassle, though.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Tried NordVPN just now to try and watch the Euro final on one of the "free" British broadcasting thingies, but the streaming speed was ass. Not really sure if it was an issue with the vpn or what. Cancelling the service was a hassle, though.

I've used Nord for a year. No problems personally. If I ever have a speed issue which I think has only happened a couple times, I just server-hop once or twice and it evens out.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I use vpnunlimited since it was a one and done purchase. I hate the subscription based model.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I used Nord for a few years but let my subscription lapse since I just didn't have much use for it. I feel like your situation is a bigger issue with trying to stream a big event instead of just the VPN. I tried using Nord to do that before for the last Euro cup and Wimbledon a few years back when Serena was playing, but had no luck.
Android box/IPTV were the best solutions, though the current guy I get my service through for a Buzz Box is kinda a hassle, so I'm waiting to hear how my brother's experience is with a reprogrammed Fire Stick.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I hate the subscription based model.
Me, too, friend. I'll check out vpnunlimited.
I've used Nord for a year. No problems personally. If I ever have a speed issue which I think has only happened a couple times, I just server-hop once or twice and it evens out.
Every day I'm increasingly impatient and annoyed, so this is probably all I needed to do instead of going nuclear lmao.
I used Nord for a few years but let my subscription lapse since I just didn't have much use for it. I feel like your situation is a bigger issue with trying to stream a big event instead of just the VPN. I tried using Nord to do that before for the last Euro cup and Wimbledon a few years back when Serena was playing, but had no luck.
Android box/IPTV were the best solutions, though the current guy I get my service through for a Buzz Box is kinda a hassle, so I'm waiting to hear how my brother's experience is with a reprogrammed Fire Stick.
You know, that may be the case. My smooth brain didn't even consider that England being in the final would be one of the largest sporting events for the English 😅

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I need some of those clip-together restraint mittens that rehab hospitals have for stroke/brain injury patients because I keep waking up with my hands completely numb from being in stupid positions (under pillow stack, under my side, etc) and then I can't make a tight fist for a couple hrs after waking. I get the feeling I'm gonna Dave-Mustaine myself one of these nights with some nerve damage.

Demiurge

Reaction score
^I try to fall asleep while lightly holding the corner of a pillow case or blanket and that usually helps my hands to stay in a comfortable position while sleeping. After a couple sleep paralysis episodes exacerbated by pins & needles in my hands, I had to try something.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lots of pillows up in this bitch for me. I've transitioned to being a side sleeper and rarely have issues waking up to pins and needles in my extremities. I use a wedge pillow/cushion thing and have a couple regular pillows on that. And also a pillow between the knees due to a recent bursitis issue that has finally gone away.

')