"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
So I hadn't tuned into Joe Rogan since the spotify deal when it was dropped from my old podcast app, but tonight I was listening to the Joe Rogan / Jordan Peterson podcast from the other week which I heard was the source for some Elon meltdown. Joe always goes off on the weird mushroom theories but this time I was listening at 1.3x speed, and he went off for like 10 minutes straight about stoned ape theory, and pineal glands being third eyes that are being worshipped at the vatican, and how mushrooms are the basis for the development of language... like, it sounded batshit "get this person some help" levels of crazy. Just insane to me that someone who has gone this far off the deep-end maintains a large audience.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Bonus - if you sacrifice your tabs and turn your computer off when it's not being used, you can't be Crowdstrike'd overnight.
Meh.

1. Almost nobody has Crowdstrike on their personal computer - it's a corporate solution (and it is unwise to use a work laptop for personal stuff for a ton of reasons)
2. If we take "Crowdstriked" as a new term for having an overnight software updates screw your pooch, then turning off your computer overnight will only ensure you get "struck" during the day.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
what kind of danger noodle is this?

a fuckin cute one that's what

If you consider yourself a patient person, you've never waited behind someone at the dollar store getting mylar balloons.

I'll never forget standing in line at the beer store with a bunch of other schmucks just getting off work, person at the front of the line is all paid up with beer in hand just yakking away at the cashier not a clue in the world, and my buddy next to me says in a very loud voice "WE GOT A STORYTELLER HERE HUH????" everyone laughed, dude stfu and left, a win for the good guys

tedtan

Reaction score
a fuckin cute one that's what
Maybe from that angle, but less so from this one:

IMG_0792.jpeg

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Welp, time to clear the cache before the AI suggestions get even more out of hand. I swear... I watch ONE bananaslama video and next thing ya know it's sketchy slam video central.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
So I hadn't tuned into Joe Rogan since the spotify deal when it was dropped from my old podcast app, but tonight I was listening to the Joe Rogan / Jordan Peterson podcast from the other week which I heard was the source for some Elon meltdown. Joe always goes off on the weird mushroom theories but this time I was listening at 1.3x speed, and he went off for like 10 minutes straight about stoned ape theory, and pineal glands being third eyes that are being worshipped at the vatican, and how mushrooms are the basis for the development of language... like, it sounded batshit "get this person some help" levels of crazy. Just insane to me that someone who has gone this far off the deep-end maintains a large audience.
Stoned ape theory is a fun thought exercise or whatever if you want to think of it as a springboard for how apes made the evolutionary jump towards humans, but that's about it. Once you start taking about 3rd eyes it's time to take a cold shower and shut up. Realistically, it's just time for Rogan to shut up in general. Peterson is a twat so he can also stfu.

Moongrum

Reaction score
but tonight I was listening to the Joe Rogan / Jordan Peterson podcast from the other week which I heard was the source for some Elon meltdown.
I'm not sure what you're referring to, so I googled "elon musk stoned ape theory", and one of the results was Joe Rogan explains Stoned Ape Theory to Post Malone, which must mean he keeps bringing this up to various guests 😂

Also, one of my favorite JR clips

')