"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I mean, by 23 I was also pretty fed up with every single aspect of the music scene/business too. It's a cut throat field that routinely necessitates itself instead of by demand, and is full of endless well established excuses to insert middlemen who don't do shit except take it off the top. I'm not kidding in the slightest when I say I've met more upstanding drug dealers than people at lower levels of the music business, and that especially includes musicians. I quit playing guitar for years simply because my dream of being a professional guitarist went up in smoke, only because I flat out hated every level of the industry that I had seen. His advice to cut right to getting the attention of an audience and building that consistently is probably the best advice anyone can get these days, especially with everything being online anymore. If you have your own audience you don't need to brown nose some piece of shit promoter to score a half hour opening slot at Jimmy's Buffet and Island Brothel for two sodas and a basket of peanuts.

But most of all I like how abrupt he is about calling out all the bullshit we've all heard a million times. The things you believe when you're a little more hopeful than you are realistic, all that bullshit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
well i'm back from the LA visit

It was nice to go back and catch up with old buddies and some family, but whew. I remember why I stopped drinking. My brain is melted, and i'm super tired after all of that. I'm just too old for that shit lol

I think i'll go back to my monk life now.

I wouldn't say I'm unopposed to living back in LA at some point, but it's expensive AF. I need to win megamillions or powerball if i were to ever do that again. But I may be forced to move back at some point with as chaotic as my career is. I suppose we'll see what next year brings (or what comes after this current round of projects)

')