"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Reverb has recently started marking used guitars as "on sale" from "typical new price" which is stupid slimy garbage and I hate it
It's been all downhill since the Etsy acquisition and I think we all saw that coming.
The difference is really stark, though. I used to buy/sell gear all the time because Reverb made it so easy. I avoid it like the plague now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
These Indian Jacksons are junkaroony, right? I've previously bought from the woman selling it before and she always sets her stuff up niiiice. Just making sure I'm not missing out on anything here.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Paging Dr. @jaxadam, paging Dr. @jaxadam!

1723847781151.png

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I've been looking for this performance for forever but I was totally blanking on who the guys involved were, just vaguely remembered the star power, but definitely forgot it was Dream Theater. Many interesting choices...

gabito

Advanced power chords user
Reaction score
I've been looking for this performance for forever but I was totally blanking on who the guys involved were, just vaguely remembered the star power, but definitely forgot it was Dream Theater. Many interesting choices...

To think that Dave Mustaine was once some band's lead player...

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'm moving back from 10's to 9's. I play with a dropped 7th string and am doing it strictly for reasons of intonation, though.

tedtan

Reaction score
I’ve used a 9-46 set (9s on the plain strings and 10s on the wound strings) for a long time and find it gives the best balance of tension in standard tuning.

So try 9s and if the wound strings feel a bit light, go with a mixed set.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I prefer 9's on 6 string guitars for standard/drop D. I'd probably use that for D standard/drop C as well, I'm not too picky.

I'd probably use a 9 set for a 7 string if Ernie Ball made Cobalt sets like that.

Latest posts

')