"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Animals as Leaders is just a collection of thumb etudes written by AI in the future and sent back in time to troll.

"Dammit man, we spent all this time reverse engineering this UAP and this the reward? Shiiiiit, take me back to Roswell when they dropped off Holdsworth for us."

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
There's gonna be a mass suicide when Timothy reaches the inevitable point in his life that so many men reach when they decide "I'm gonna run the mustache for a little while".

I mean, if I COULD run a mustache good enough to rock it into a Major Armstrong? I'd be in the gym every day trying to up the physique to not disrespect the look

Alex_Louis_Armstrong_%282009%29.jpg

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I really liked everything Spiritbox did prior to their last release. They had a good blend of djenty caveman riffage and cleaner bits. Then they went full flaccid dick on the last album.
There's gonna be a mass suicide when Timothy reaches the inevitable point in his life that so many men reach when they decide "I'm gonna run the mustache for a little while".
Tim couldn't grow facial hair even if he wanted to. He's basically one princess dress away from being in a visual kei band like Versailles.

Animals as Leaders is just a collection of thumb etudes written by AI in the future and sent back in time to troll.
It's just Tigran Hamasyan if Victor Wooten played it with some distortion.

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Visual Kei is kinda dope I can't lie
I like Versailles a lot unironically. Probably because it scratches that Shrapnel neoclassical itch that I don't get outside of First Fragment, Augury, Allegaeon and some other tech death bands.

Tim obviously has the chops to do that kind of stuff, but he'd rather write weeb trap math rock :shrug:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I like Versailles a lot unironically. Probably because it scratches that Shrapnel neoclassical itch that I don't get outside of First Fragment, Augury, Allegaeon and some other tech death bands.

Tim obviously has the chops to do that kind of stuff, but he'd rather write weeb trap math rock :shrug:

That's cause Versailles kicks ass, and if ry_z and Necris still came by, they'd give you a million more reasons why

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I listened to a lot of X Japan back in the day but I'm wholly unfamiliar with Versailles. I'll have to give it a rip.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Didn't Spiritbox get a grammy nomination or at least buzz? Doesn't get any bigger than that really.

I think they're actually a pretty decent band, but the ambient ballad shit feels super pandering/patronizing. "Its a girl! She sings and she has feelings that will make you feel too!"
Yeah; Jaded off of the last EP got a grammy nom- I forgot what for but I do remember they lost to Metallica and Courtney was salty about it.

I actually really enjoy most of their material. The short EP they put out between Eternal Blue and The Fear of Fear didn't land for me but pretty much everything else has been great imo. TFOF took some time to grow and didn't click right away like Eternal Blue or the earlier EPs / singles did. Initially I didn't care for it, felt too vocal-focused on the first few passes.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah; Jaded off of the last EP got a grammy nom- I forgot what for but I do remember they lost to Metallica and Courtney was salty about it.

I actually really enjoy most of their material. The short EP they put out between Eternal Blue and The Fear of Fear didn't land for me but pretty much everything else has been great imo. TFOF took some time to grow and didn't click right away like Eternal Blue or the earlier EPs / singles did. Initially I didn't care for it, felt too vocal-focused on the first few passes.

Can you blame her? The intro to 72 Seasons or maybe it was the title track, sounded like slightly sped up Franz Ferdinand, zero fucking "Metallica" character to it, just mid-tempo open string slinging like the dad rockers they are

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Sleep Token is just Sam Smith vocals with Deftones riffs for hipsters that drink hop water
You don’t need to dox me bro
I think they're actually a pretty decent band, but the ambient ballad shit feels super pandering/patronizing. "Its a girl! She sings and she has feelings that will make you feel too!"
If I had a nickel for every time someone on this forum had a “critique” that is just a basic description of pop music I’d be rich

We get it, y'all don’t like pop music
917cmn.jpg

')