Notes changing pitch when guitar moves

• Thread starter Erik DePriest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I noticed today when I move my guitar a bit the notes bend (sort of). Its as if everything kind of goes flat if i move my guitar too much or something. Is that normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Makes sense, my other guitars dont seem to do it, well do it as bad I guess as I have never really noticed it and was making sure it wasnt a sign of something wrong. Thank you

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you get a chance, look up the bassist Billy Sheehan, he does some cool stuff with bending the neck for vibrato.

gujukal

Reaction score
What guitar is it? I guess it's a bolt-on? I think it's a problem with neck stability.

Reaction score
Its a Conklin Groove Tools 7 string (GTG-7) and yeah it is bolt on. I got such a hell of a deal on it I am trying to almost find something thats wrong with it haha if that makes sense.

gujukal

Reaction score
Its a Conklin Groove Tools 7 string (GTG-7) and yeah it is bolt on. I got such a hell of a deal on it I am trying to almost find something thats wrong with it haha if that makes sense.

Have you tried to screw the bolts tighter? If that doesn't help it may just be that the neck is unstable, maybe gluing the neckpocket may help.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Does the neck itself flex when you handle the bass? I had a Washburn with a really thin neck that would bend in and out of tune just from moving about on stage.
Also, how much is it going out? Does it always return back into pitch once you stop moving?

')