'nother new vid thread from me.... lol

• Thread starter Toshiro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice stuff, Toshiro. You're really quite a good player! Nice metal face on that rhythm stuff, too, lol.

Ok.
1. Dude, get a 7 again! :lol: You definitely don't suxxo0rs, tho.
2. Bring your amp closer maybe? I can hear all the pick attack stuff, clicking, etc., from the mic (of course, that seems to be the case on every fucking instructional vid I have, too. I like to hear the pure guitar tone up close.

That's it. Cool sweeps, and nice, flowing phrasing. Your tone is pretty nice, too. Keep it up, dude.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Nice stuff. I particularly liked the skilled use the of the tremolo on the first video. Added a very nice touch.

The second video did have a little too much pick attack noise and too little amp sound. Other than that, very nice.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I swear I'll get another 7 string again.... Dunno when though. lol

That's here at the PC, with my little Logitech surround speakers. I've done about 10-15 vids with this camera, and either I get pic attack or the volume clips the mic. I've surrendered to the pick/string noise. :lol:

That PODxt is gonna have some huge shoes to fill taking the place of this J-Station. I've been tweaking this thing forever it seems, so it's about as good as it gets for me. :D

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome. You shred, Toshiro, cool vids, man. Thanks for sharing them. :metal:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
That's here at the PC, with my little Logitech surround speakers. I've done about 10-15 vids with this camera, and either I get pic attack or the volume clips the mic. I've surrendered to the pick/string noise. :lol:
Ah, ok. Not much to do, then. Well, it doesn't sound bad... just a pet peeve. But you're in good company! It's there on the Zakk Wylde vid, it's there on the Petrucci vid, it's there on the Yngwie vid... what can ya do? :lol:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Ah, ok. Not much to do, then. Well, it doesn't sound bad... just a pet peeve. But you're in good company! It's there on the Zakk Wylde vid, it's there on the Petrucci vid, it's there on the Yngwie vid... what can ya do? :lol:

Oh, I agree with you, it's damn annoying. I think when I get my XT I'll do separate vid and audio tracks to get rid of the plink-plink-plink. lol Only trouble with that is I get way more nervous with both the camera and PC recording, like I'm wasting space or something. lol

I have a couple vids from my old camera done that way, though my only 7 string vid has no audio track. Silent shred movie.:metal:

Here, I'll dig 'em out for fun, since I don't have many vids up. :D

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Ah ha, last one for a while, since I need sleep soon:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=PPkFVjTO40c

Sound quality sucks, I know, had to knock the bitrate down a lot to get it into the vid IIRC.
For a split second there, I thought you were going to bust out with Cliffs Of Dover with that first note...lol.

Nice playing and nice guitar too in this vid. :yesway:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
That is very surreal, lol.

That second one is cool. I love your sweeps and whammy use, dude. :metal:

It is, isn't it? I keep trying to watch my phrasing in that one, just to see if I could dub an audio track for it. lol

Thanks for watching them all TDW, you rule. :)

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Shawn said:
For a split second there, I thought you were going to bust out with Cliffs Of Dover with that first note...lol.

Nice playing and nice guitar too in this vid. :yesway:

You know, I never though about that, even though I know the first few bar os Cliffs. lol I can't hybrid pick that one part, then it goes into parts I can't play at all. lol

Thanks. :D

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
It is, isn't it? I keep trying to watch my phrasing in that one, just to see if I could dub an audio track for it. lol
:lol: Dude, that would either be completely shit-tacular, or the awesomest thing ever, ha ha! Either way, it would be quite impressive.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
:lol: Dude, that would either be completely shit-tacular, or the awesomest thing ever, ha ha! Either way, it would quite impressive.

Yeah, and considering a bunch of notes are off screen, it's either impossible or I'd be cheating somewhere. :lol:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Yeah, and considering a bunch of notes are off screen, it's either impossible or I'd be cheating somewhere. :lol:
I can see it already.... when your hands go off screen, all of a sudden some fucking Kreator would be dubbed in for like 2 seconds, then some Cryptopsy, then some damn Sesame Street, then the A-Team riff, ha ha. :lol:

That could be the fodder for some amusing clips, dude. :metal:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Ode To Joy or some classical thing could be funny. :lol:

Eh, rather spend time making new videos. ;)

')