Notre Dame Cathedral Collapse...

• Thread starter BlackSG91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
My understanding is that it is undergoing a renovation at the moment. I wonder if it is related to that?
According to some sources, the fire expanded from the structures used to renovate the building...

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
According to some sources, the fire expanded from the structures used to renovate the building...
The silver lining (if there is one) is that some art and statues were removed for the renovation. But a lot was still inside. Much of the art has been in there for over 500 years.

I watched the video of the spire collapsing, that was gut wrenching. :/

Bearitone

Reaction score
Nobody lives lost though correct? That’s the important thing imo.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Nobody lives lost though correct? That’s the important thing imo.
none that have been reported. firefighters are standing a bit back as there’s no structural guarantee on old stuff like this. they’re just containing it I think

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
trump tweeted to just fly water tankers over it

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Interesting Wikipedia article. The whole theory of the fire being caused by terrorism is completely bullshit, especially when you look at images of the fire.

Of course there was also a French politician that's trying to hint at it.

mongey

Reaction score
real fucking shame man. I have been to paris a few times and its an awesome old building

apparently they managed to save the concrete outer shell .so something will stand

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
trump tweeted to just fly water tankers over it

Trump doesn't know what he's talking about as usual. The dumping of water at a high altitude would case structural damage and the possibility of water hitting a pedestrian. Trump is an expert on forrest fires like how they rake the leaves in Finland.;)

;>)/