Now this is a rack tuner...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If my Strobostomp broke (for whatever reason) i would not hesitate to buy another. The tuning accuracy makes intonation and everyday playing SO much more enjoyable. I couldn't figure out why my guitars sounded so awful when i was using a BOSS TU-2 pedal tuner. It turns out their intonation was out and they just weren't in tune.

The other guitarist in my cover band has the same issue - the TU2 is really not very accurate. The TU-12 is better (I used one for years, as well as the DTR-1) but the Peterson really makes a huge difference. I like the "sweetened" tunings, too, and having the BFTS offsets so I can do my own intonation on my Washburn is awesome...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn did the Washburn sound amazing after you tuned it with the Peterson. Bar chords at the 15th fret were in tune!

Auslander

Complete Bastard
Reaction score
Richardson, Murphy, and Kernon have all relied on Korg tuners for the most part, but I wouldn't assume them to be as well known as Sneap.

I've never used a Korg tuner in my life. I bought my first Peterson strobe in '86 and never used anything since.

:fawk:

Auslander

Complete Bastard
Reaction score
Sorry, I just joined and replied. Had no idea he was banned.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

:flame:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Richardson, Murphy, and Kernon have all relied on Korg tuners for the most part, but I wouldn't assume them to be as well known as Sneap.

Jack Richardson, Garth Richardson, or some third Richardson I don't know about and haven't personally met/been taught by? ;)

It's true, we used Korg tuners in the studio, and they worked well. Hell, the tuner built into my Flextone sucks balls compared to my handheld Korg tuner, but it's "good enough" most of the time ;)

Auslander

Complete Bastard
Reaction score
Jack Richardson, Garth Richardson, or some third Richardson I don't know about and haven't personally met/been taught by? ;)

It's true, we used Korg tuners in the studio, and they worked well. Hell, the tuner built into my Flextone sucks balls compared to my handheld Korg tuner, but it's "good enough" most of the time ;)

I think he was probably referring to Colin Richardson.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a Strobostomp a while ago and found it harder to tune with than my $20 Korg tuner and I found the checker pattern confusing and annoying. I've got a Korg DTR-2000 in my rack now and that's a real pleasure to tune with.

Yeah, what's with that pattern on Strobe tuners I've seem when looking at them? Is that how you actually tune your guitar?

ukfswmart

Far too opinionated
Reaction score
Basically, your guitar is perfectly in tune when all the bars are stationary; the one on the left is the fundamental note (the actual note you're playing), and the additional bars are harmonics of that note. So, if you've tuned the fundamental perfectly but the other bars are moving, it means your intonation is out; what direction they're moving in and how fast indicates how far out it is, just like when tuning a note normally

This is the reason why these tuners rule; spot-on accuracy, and you can intonate your guitar yourself and save on tech costs :yesway:

')