NP(s)D!!! OCD and Volume content

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Hey all, a pic first:

dsc05388a.jpg

So, after too much googling about overdrives I decided to follow the hype and I got me a Fulltone OCD. This little box rips! I always felt there was something missing from my HT-5 dirty channel, but I could never put my finger on it. Now I know. The OCD has turned my amazing 2-channel little into a 4-channel über-versatile monster. I just got the OCD today so I'll be playing with it over the weekend. For now I have a quiet simple setup:

Vol @ 2:00
Drive @ 8:00
Tone @ 1:00
LP Mode

Now I can use my delay for what I bought, instead of having it to the shortest interval possible to enhance my leads.

The other pedal I got is a Dunlop GCB-80. It's a volume pedal, it does what it's supposed to do. I have it right in the beginning of the chain, I like my swells to get dirtier as they get louder. I'll try and test it in the loop to see what's that like.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I have to say when I owned my OCD I ended up selling it because it's very sharp, it's very much a lead pedal. Doesn't fit if you just want basic overdrive tones. That being said I never thought of using it for metal, so this could be cool... sound clips? :D

Congrats dude, how's the volume?

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Clips will come eventually, I still don't have a mic, I'll see if the emulated line out from the HT makes it justice.

The volume works fine for me. When I'm on the clean channel and hit it, it doesn't go crazy loud, it keeps the level but adds some crunch. On the dirty channel as well, it doesn't go super loud but gives my tone more … hmmm … balls. For leads as well, it's not so much a volume thing, but it gives more presence to the leads. If I flick the switch to HP, it goes louder and more aggressive. I still have to play with it to figure out a setting that works for me.

')