NPAD! Mesa 50/50 Sh*t yeah!

Gmork

Reaction score
Just scored a mesa 50/50 (blue light) with new tubes for $400 canadian!!
Was planning on replacing my velocity300 but was afraid the mesa without a resonance wouldnt have as much lowend since i normally crank the res on the velocity at home, but the mesa has ALL THE LOWEND!! And seems to bring those tasty tube harmonics/3Dness.
The low 15w power switch sounds great when engaged. Sounds wicked with my beastbox and amt b-lead! The positive reviews are accurate,
Highly recommended!

Attachments

• rsz_mesa5050.jpg
    rsz_mesa5050.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 42

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Congrats!!!
So, can you safely say its time to ditch the v300?

Gmork

Reaction score
Congrats!!!
So, can you safely say its time to ditch the v300?
I love the v300 tone wise but the one time i used it for band practice at band volume about a month ago it overheated and shut off after like 15minutes! Really sucks because it truly sounds phenomenal.
Luckly had my 6505+ there.
Brought it back home that night and it was back to normal.

Ive read that the wire connecting the fan can come undone. I should check that its not the issue first.

So yeah, the mesa sounds that much better (at home volumes at least, and surely even better getting pushed) so definitely replacing the v300 if for no other reason than just to make some $$$ back

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Ironic that you've come full circle to a tube preamp and tube poweramp, gonna need some clips. Bet it sounds killer!

Were you considering any other poweramps?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn that is a good deal. Enjoy!

Bearitone

Reaction score
I was all solid state for a long time. The lack of an SS poweramp at the same level as a high end tube poweramp is what drew me back to.

I could gladly use a couple specific solid-state preamps til i died though.

I think if we are ever going to see a truly badass sounding SS poweramp, that actually competes at all levels with a high end tube poweramp, it’s going to come from AMT. They are the only company i know of that gives a shit about pushing the envelope of solid state.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Nice grab! I got one just like it as part of a package deal a while back and it was killer. Super beefy, both tone-wise and weight-wise :metal: it really comes alive with the master volume up around 10:00

I ended up selling it since I didn't have a practical use for it, but I would have definitely dealt with the weight and kept it if I played my Axe FX through a real cabinet more often. I just hated to see it as an expensive paperweight :lol:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
One SS power amp I can say keeps up and sounds nasty with my Kartakou pre is my Carvin DCM301. It won't keep up at 8 ohms though with a loud band. Gotta run it at 4 or 2 ohms and then wow! I just split it into my 4ohm stereo Mesa OS. Lately I been using an AT100 power section though cause I can not live without Low Res.

Latest posts

')