NPCD (new Pickup Cover day) Selfmade BKP look

Dommak89

Reaction score
So here's my attempt at a battleworn cover. I bought a Cover for my Seymour Duncan SH6 and a friend and I worked on the covers of both Pickups (one was a stock PU in that guitar) and this was the result:

g64jsDIh.jpg

n2hX84Qh.jpg

tk5KGDnh.jpg

hsTcSjkh.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dommak89

Reaction score
Now do the same to the rest of the guitar. Well maybe not.
Was that being sarcastic? :squint:

I know it's not a high quality guitar, but it was my first and that's why I didn't mind to mod it a little. At one point I will def. refinish it or do something else with it.

Anyway I'm pleased with the result, and it was cheaper than buying Bareknuckles :D

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
Nah it was just a train of thought thing. "Hey wouldn't it be cool to have the whole guitar battle worn?" But then I thought about it some more and realized you might not wanna (deliberately) chop big grooves in your guitar. The pickups are often an overlooked aspect of a guitar's aesthetic and I'm glad you found a successful way of doing this yourself, making your guitar unique.

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
Was that being sarcastic? :squint:

I know it's not a high quality guitar, but it was my first and that's why I didn't mind to mod it a little. At one point I will def. refinish it or do something else with it.

Anyway I'm pleased with the result, and it was cheaper than buying Bareknuckles :D

A lot of things are cheaper than buying Bareknuckles. :lol: In all seriousness those covers look badass. How exactly did you do it?

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Nah it was just a train of thought thing. "Hey wouldn't it be cool to have the whole guitar battle worn?"

:agreed: Like my Guerilla, except now I need to scrape the hell out of the emgs :lol:.

Nice job on the pickups though :metal:. You should start charging others for it.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Very nicely done! Looks pretty damn close to the BKP ones I've seen/own

Dommak89

Reaction score
How exactly did you do it?
It was actually pretty easy and I didn't think I would get those good results. Basically I took the cover (which was chrome colored), took a metal saw and just cut into it ... randomly. Then I bought black spray paint, painted it over and used a small screwdriver to recreate the cuts and scratches. Don't ask me why, but beneath the surface of the covers it was gold, so that's why it's black and gold and not black and chrome. That's it, and it was fun messing around. Basically I did everything to get scratches in it.

Also, during the process I took it and threw it on the ground
Threw-it-on-the-ground.jpg

soonmv

Reaction score
Anyway I'm pleased with the result, and it was cheaper than buying Bareknuckles
11.gif

')