NPD: Get Decimated

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
I got my second pedal ever, an ISP Decimator II! The guys at Guitar Center helped me decide between this and the Boss NS-2 even though I was already set on this. I'll probably try that one later. But this thing is simple and that's what I like about it. With my EVH in the shop I'm forced to use my little Line 6 practice combo, but the ISP still gets the job done. Not much else to say; it cuts the crap and barely sucks any tone from what I can tell.

Now that I have this and a delay (TC Flashback), I'm probably set for my pedalboard for a while, until I get a tuner and maybe a reverb :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 52

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PF Chang

Reaction score
Been playing for a bit over 20 years, and the Decimator II was my first noise gate.

:nuts:

ninn

Reaction score
Nice. I just picked one up on Wednesday. Needed something to quiet the noise from my Furman PQ3 and it does the job well.

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
I have the original version and I love it. What did they change on the II? FWIW I also had an NS-2 and I used it for maybe 5 min before I ordered the decimator lol.

Yianni54

Reaction score
Been debating on if I should get the ISP 2 or NS-2? Any recommendations?

aprilia4life

Reaction score
Do you need a noise pedal for the EVH? I thought it was one of the more quiet amps?

Reason I ask is I have the 5150III 50w for gigs, I am still quite new to live gigs/tube amp thing so not sure if it's worth buying one or not (they are $250US in Australia)

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
Do you need a noise pedal for the EVH? I thought it was one of the more quiet amps?

Reason I ask is I have the 5150III 50w for gigs, I am still quite new to live gigs/tube amp thing so not sure if it's worth buying one or not (they are $250US in Australia)

It's not really a complete necessity, but the red channel does get a bit of feedback. I figured why not cut it back, plus I can take this around and put it in front of any amp I need to if I can't be using my EVH. It does help for tightening up the chugs and stuff.