NPD! Gravity Picks Look And Sound Like Candy!

• Thread starter HUGH JAYNUS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noxon

Is a Lurker
Reaction score
You dudes convinced me. When payday rolls around, I will place an order. I have played on "cheap" guitar picks for 25 years now. I will see if an $8 dollar pick can help me suck less. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

t_rod

Reaction score
Dude, I just got my latest order, and he threw the orange one in for the freebie....check the grip hole. I can't imagine ever dropping this one:

Grip hole FTW! I really want to try a 3 and 4mm in that style now. The master finish on those really thick ones looks like it would play amazing.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I dig my Sunrise 6XL and Punches (4 and 6) but these are my favorites:
TCEM_0017.jpg

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
I got mine!

24mz6tg.jpg

The green one is the one I ordered; he threw in the yellow for free. Total class. I pictured it next to my stone pick and a regular jazz III for scale. I ordered "master finish" not really knowing what that meant. They came with rough edges that made some unpleasant "ff-fff-ff" scratchy noises on the strings. Didn't like it at all, but a few minutes of rubbing them on some fine steel wool took care of that. Now I really like them!

Promit

Reaction score
This might be an oddly specific question: with these picks, do you hear the pick attack more or less than with plastic picks? I'm looking for a pick with an attack you can barely hear for a smooth legato-like sound.
I love the Gravity picks, but my experience is that they have quite a distinct attack. For a very rolled off, smooth attack, try the Dunlop JP picks. The glossed Ultex has a very round sound to it.

t_rod

Reaction score
20140819_065629_zpsk4qm0yv9.jpg

Just got these in. I really liked the 2mm Sunrise w/ grip hole and master finish that I received last time so I ordered some more to try. I got the same in 3mm and a Stealth in 3mm, all with master finish and grip hole. They threw in a razer too.
I have to say the stealth has easily become my favorite. It feels great, sounds great, and is like butter through the strings. Plus it has three tips so it'll last forever.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
update!

this is the result of 4 jam sessions a week averaging at 3-5 hours each, for roughly a month and a half of using this pick exclusively. guitars were tuned:
6 string- drop B, D'Addario 12-60
7 string- drop Ab, D'Addario 11-49, 65 (circle k)

it playes amazingly well and far outlived any of the other picks ive used. even my JPs and black Tortex only survived 3-4 sessions before being this worn. at best.

i think well worth it

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
got some new ones!

2 Sunrise 2mm, 2 Sunrise 1.5mm, and he threw in a free Razor Mini 1.5mm and a sticker! and it shipped in only 3 days. this dude is a badass. i got the Master Finish on all of these. now to see how they handle my abuse lol

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I sent him an email, seeing what kind of picks he'd recommend for me. You guys have pretty much convinced me to give these picks a try!

JeffKill

Reaction score
Sunrise standard 3mm master finish is my favorite. Got a v-pick screamer the other day, and it's really nice too. Has a little more punch and a slightly smoother attack than the Sunrise. Could probably get the same sound out of a polished 3mm Sunrise though.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
I'm sucking on a ... Jolly ... Rancher ... as we speak that sounded wrong.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
For anyone interested in trying them either email him for reccomendations or just order a variety pack. They're pretty well priced. They really do outlast everything ive ever played before so they are worth it. Also hes pretty good about throwing in a free one or two of other styles to try out also

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I only ordered two picks from him and he still sent me an extra! This brand is over-the-top as far as quality and brand reputation.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I've been using Gravity Picks for a while. They're expensive, but so worth what you're paying.

Mvotre

Reaction score
so, are they different material from v-picks? I love the variety of colors, but I got myself 11 of my choice of v-picks, and since I play fairly lightly, those things will last forever :lol:

if those were different material, I should give it a try later. :yesway:

')