NPD: Kartakou Warmer

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Just got this guy in today! Pretty much the ultimate ts808 clone. Sweet rim lighting, the ability to change opamp clips on the fly, a bass boost switch and an asymmetrical clipping switch. Sounds great with my new Invader!

j9yr2e.jpg

24wapvk.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mrspacecat

Reaction score
I've got one of those. The LEDs have died on mine (seems like an easy fix, just haven't bothered to look into fixing it), but it is fantastic otherwise. I LOOOOVE the bass boost switch, and it's fun to mess around with different op amps.

cmtd

Reaction score
Nice, I have a green one on the way from Belarus at the moment. Looking forward to experimenting with it.

Nice Empress reverb too!

takotakumi

Reaction score
How would you guys compare this to a SD 805, Savage Drive, Precision, Grid Slammer, or any other of those "trending" drives nowadays?

Mike

Reaction score
How would you guys compare this to a SD 805, Savage Drive, Precision, Grid Slammer, or any other of those "trending" drives nowadays?

Less gain and output on tap than all those you mentioned (SD805 being the closest to it). It's a very full sounding drive that boosts the full spectrum of mids and tightens the low end nicely without taking too much away. The high end gets kind of smoothed out as well as a product of the compression. It doesn't have nearly the cutting ability or presence the others you mentioned have. Plenty of versatility with all the switching and chip options. It really felt like more of a vintage style screamer than a more modern in your face variant to me but if you want something to do the job without coloring your signal too much, the warmers a good choice.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Less gain and output on tap than all those you mentioned (SD805 being the closest to it). It's a very full sounding drive that boosts the full spectrum of mids and tightens the low end nicely without taking too much away. The high end gets kind of smoothed out as well as a product of the compression. It doesn't have nearly the cutting ability or presence the others you mentioned have. Plenty of versatility with all the switching and chip options. It really felt like more of a vintage style screamer than a more modern in your face variant to me but if you want something to do the job without coloring your signal too much, the warmers a good choice.
wow you did really try out all the drives haha
btw expecting my grid slammer tomorrow :)
i might get a warmer down the road for the custom paint job plus switcheable chips,etc

Mike

Reaction score
wow you did really try out all the drives haha
btw expecting my grid slammer tomorrow :)
i might get a warmer down the road for the custom paint job plus switcheable chips,etc

Lol yes I have haha, wasn't kidding. The warmer is a really cool pedal that I'd definitely get again if I had the spare cash. :yesway:

cmtd

Reaction score
I only have the precision drive and a warmer, of the pedals you mentioned. I have the PD on my board at the moment to boost my amp, and the warmer is sitting. The only reason for this was stated in a previous reply. I mainly play metal and the PD cuts in the right places and is geared towards the modern metal tone.

With that being said the I do like getting the warmer out when I am seeking more traditional sounds, this is where it shines. Furthermore, the warmer comes with about 5 op-amps that you can swap around easily and explore with.

The two pedals are similar in that they are overdrives, but they are very different in intended applications.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! I've talked to that guy several times about the Warmer. If anyone is interested he does mods too, so you could always request a higher gain version. If I didn't already have so many TS pedals I'd have jumped on it, especially for the price... ok, who am I fooling, I probably will soon enough lol.

')