NPD: Modded Boss MT2 Metal zone

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
yup, a metal zone. According to the seller this is modded to mimic the wampler triple wreck pretty closely.
here's a demo I made of the pedal:
I mostly played with it on the clean and crunch channels of my f30, though it definitely added some tightness to the heavy channel. I had success using it as a tubescreamer facsimile on the crunch/heavy channels and as a light overdrive on the clean channels. It's a noisy pedal, but it doesn't sound like a metalzone as far as I'm concerned. It definitely adds some thickness to the sound though. I think it sounds best on the crunch/heavy channels, though I was pleasantly surprised by it actually being usable on the clean channel.
All settings on the amp are at noon except for volume (since that would be ear rapingly loud even with earplugs).
Overall I really like it, it's actually useful now, unlike when I had an unmodded mt2 years ago.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
Feed your cat already will ya?! Haha jk. Cool pedal. I cant comment much because im on my cell phone speaker so, yeah. As long as it makes you happy is what counts!

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Feed your cat already will ya?! Haha jk. Cool pedal. I cant comment much because im on my cell phone speaker so, yeah. As long as it makes you happy is what counts!
lol he had food, he just wanted me to let him outside. It actually sounds pretty good compared to what I remember metalzones sounding like, plus I got it for like 30$ so the price was right.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Okay, so... since it's been almost a month, you wanna sell me that for $30, or... nah? :lol:

Cool pedal.

Shask

Reaction score
I have a Metal Zone I modded years ago that sounds pretty good as a distortion pedal and a boost. If I use a Tubescreamer into it, I can almost get an older Randall type tone.

lewis

Reaction score
like for a really low tuned 8 string (F#)
Are these great for getting that super bitey/twangy/metallic tone?
Gain 0, level max, eq to taste type thing?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
like for a really low tuned 8 string (F#)
Are these great for getting that super bitey/twangy/metallic tone?
Gain 0, level max, eq to taste type thing?
you can play with the eq sweep and probably get something like that. I mostly use it to give me a thicker meaner tone than what my boogie gives me. These are usually pretty cheap so it can't hurt to pick one up.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I was playing around with my mt2 today and started really messing with the mid frequency knob. Right around 2'o clock I can get a nice ts8/hm2 hybrid vibe with that slight mid hump and a bit of chainsaw.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I was playing around with my mt2 today and started really messing with the mid frequency knob. Right around 2'o clock I can get a nice ts8/hm2 hybrid vibe with that slight mid hump and a bit of chainsaw.
And where is the mid knob?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
You guys got me curious so I started messing around with the Metalzone model in the axe fx.

In front of the recto, it's pretty goddamn brutal, though the cocked-wah midrange is too much for me. I put a parametric eq after it cutting a shit load out of about 750hz, and now it sounds really cool.

I definitely need to get a real one now and try my hand at some mods.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
You guys got me curious so I started messing around with the Metalzone model in the axe fx.

In front of the recto, it's pretty goddamn brutal, though the cocked-wah midrange is too much for me. I put a parametric eq after it cutting a shit load out of about 750hz, and now it sounds really cool.

I definitely need to get a real one now and try my hand at some mods.

^ So you did a digital keeley mod to your digital MT2? :yesway:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
If I get a Metal Zone, metal I'll get a Boss or MXR EQ as well and scoop 750hz.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^ So you did a digital keeley mod to your digital MT2? :yesway:

Haha maybe, is that what the keeley mod does?

I don't even know how accurate it is in the axe fx, I think it was added many years ago, and as it predictably isn't very popular, I doubt it's been updated as things have progressed.

')