NPD: These will rape your Bare Knuckles.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I really wanna try the single coil Alumitones. My Strat is in desperate need of new pups...

Do it, man. a friend of mine tossed a set in his MIM Buddy Guy strat and they sound killer, very clear and bell like and they sound killer just over the line of breakup as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Raping bare knuckles.... Isn't that jerking off?

Coolest pickups I've ever seen, happy NPD!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Cool. I wish they made an 8 string pup. I wonder if they do custom work, or if they'd have to retool for that? :scratch:

littlephil

Reaction score
Cool. I wish they made an 8 string pup. I wonder if they do custom work, or if they'd have to retool for that? :scratch:

They sell 'bar' models that will fit an 8. IIRC they're meant for bass but work in guitars just as well too.
I think Darren (dB Guitars) was making a prototype with them in it.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Do they make any 7-string versions?
Sounds like what i'm looking for.

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
Too bad these don't come in 7 string form...
No seriously, I would buy these this fucking second if they did.

However, I think I should just route my pickguard on my baritone 6 and throw a pair of these beasts in there...and a lace holy grail as my middle pickup! YES.

b7string

Reaction score
These just look so cool! I almost want to try them purely for that reason alone! They would look pretty sleek on a headless with no pup rings :) hmm... uh oh... GAS building again.

ryantheyetti

Reaction score
i know you said you would never djent with them but how do you think they would handle lower tunings in general (Drop A and B) also are these active or passive?

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
i know you said you would never djent with them but how do you think they would handle lower tunings in general (Drop A and B) also are these active or passive?

To be perfectly honest, no. I can't even explain why exactly, but I think going that low would have too much bassy harmonics, especially considering the thick strings and how wide they move. I'm usually tuned to D standard, but a few weeks ago I've dropped to C#. I once again tried D standard with these and I like what I hear a bit more. But thats just my hypothesis....I'm not going to try it either because that would involve getting thicker strings and rebalancing the floyd for something I'd never use.

Anyhow, I know I said I would get clips yesterday, but it sounded kinda funky playing through my Randall RM100 w/ a custom soldano module at work. Whatever characteristics the pups had, it brought out more of that Marshall-esque scratchiness from the amp. Which is quite strange because through my Powerball and Vader it sounded a bit too bassy at first.

So my theory is that with such a hot and wide frequency response, it really brings out aspects of the amp/cab that you may not have anticipated.

I'll do more tweaking and I'll try my best to bring my ENGL and record that. I'll also try a tubescreamer in front of a Bogner Ecstasy module.

But don't get me wrong, I'm still in love with these pickups and they do sound great either way, but I need some time to get used to them and tweak my rig a little. I love the responsiveness and clarity of the pickups so much that I'm willing to work around them lol.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Should have gone with EMG's.

tumblr_lhjqp5ivNG1qc6bd7.jpg

In all seriousness though, sweeeet.

Blackouts > EMGs > Passives IIRC IMO FTW :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I've heard of these a ton and never seen them. Thanks for the picstory btw.

')