NRD (KRK and Macbook Pro content)

Goatfork

Reaction score
New rig day!! It's an exciting time, haha. I've been running a huge PC rig for ages, and I loved it, but it had some flaws. Mostly, I'm pretty much nomadic, and carrying around a giant tower and screen wrapped up in blankets in the trunk of my car never had me too confident or secure in anything. Also, the production school I'm attending uses Macs exclusively, so I thought I might as well hop on board.

Here she is:
IMG_9714_zpsa7ea8c9f.jpg

IMG_9716_zps147def5c.jpg

IMG_9715_zpsb9ec5e84.jpg

IMG_9719_zps7be6cda1.jpg

I'm still setting up Superior all my software, but so far I'm loving it. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elchimpy

Reaction score
The MBP rigs are pretty sweet, i used mine(the one im on now) untill my rack got too big to carry around and ended up getting a mac mini to compliment it with more power. this ones only got 4 gigs of ram and a dual core processor, but it had no trouble running me up to 50 or so tracks before bogging down.

But grats man, i want to hear some stuff you make on it!

Goatfork

Reaction score
^I've got some stuff on the way! I forgot to mention that I upgraded the RAM to 8gigs, and I'm mostly running Reaper with Superior+Metal Foundry, and POD Farm 2 until I get one of the HD models.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
Congrats man, those KRK's are sexy. I really need proper monitors like those.

+1 for upgrading RAM in the future.

Edit: sorry noticed you already upgraded the ram to 8GB's, did you go through Apple or DIY?

sexybacon

Call me Jason
Reaction score
Hey TheGunther is your mbp running mountain lion? If you are have you had issues with your UX2 (like crackling, disconnecting itself)? just wondering because I have the same setup but some issues.

Goatfork

Reaction score
Yeah good call on DIY :yesway: if you purchased them online, anywhere you could recommend?

I bought it local (currently in Seattle) at a Best Buy, it wasn't too much. Not sure if they sell them on their online store or not, but I'd check there.

Hey TheGunther is your mbp running mountain lion? If you are have you had issues with your UX2 (like crackling, disconnecting itself)? just wondering because I have the same setup but some issues.

Yeah, I'm running Lion. I know exactly what you're talking about. I called Line6 support and they told me there's a new driver patch, literally only a couple days old. It fixes everything like a charm, apparently that was a rampant problem.