NRD (New Randall Day)

• Thread starter pac1085
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pac1085

Reaction score
So I've been craving a V2 for a while, and finally bought one off ebay for a decent price.

It came in on Friday, I couldn't be happier.

Fast forward to today...I go to the House of Guitars to buy a set of tubes for it...and I see a used X2 chilling on a pile of amps. Needless to say, I walked out with the X2..dirt cheap!

Both amps sound amazing, but I think I prefer the V2 - it's a lot more versatile.

Maybe I'll keep both and run in stereo? :)

34837_1793164825830_1140955597_32151098_3364529_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
The one on top looks fantastic. Nice going mang :agreed:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
nice score :D

is the X2 a 'normal' warhead? or is it something special i haven't seen one before...

BC6x3

Reaction score
I hate you... I have been waiting sooo long to get my V2H. how do you not blow out that tiny cab? isnt the head 400W? but probably the most badass amp out there.

pac1085

Reaction score
the heads only 400w when you run it at 2 ohms or something like that...

i think its 140 at 16 ohsm, 280 at 8 ohms...my cab is 8 ohms 150w, but I don't crank it and it sounds fine (g12h-75's)

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
sure do,you asked me that question not long ago via pm remember lol:metal:

Now.. I remember... haha! Awesome :hbang:

I hate you... I have been waiting sooo long to get my V2H. how do you not blow out that tiny cab? isnt the head 400W? but probably the most badass amp out there.

LOL, get one dude!

the heads only 400w when you run it at 2 ohms or something like that...

i think its 140 at 16 ohsm, 280 at 8 ohms...my cab is 8 ohms 150w, but I don't crank it and it sounds fine (g12h-75's)

I was always wondering this, no manual or site says the exact wattage at 16 ohms but from my understanding the higher he ohms on most solid state the less wattage? :scratch:

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Damn dude, congrats!

I'd love to try an X2....love me some Randall goodness. :hbang:

Here's some quality pics of my new V2 as well:

Guitarrig01-01-201105.jpg

Studio06.jpg

Makes me miss my old Cyclone head. That thing was a monster as well, and I may pick another one up at some point just to have with my V2.

Try your Randall's w/ Eminence Swamp Thang's if you get a chance. They mesh well with the high end, and can actually handle the lows some of these Randalls produce, with farting out and turning to mud. Also, they can handle the power rating easily as well....not that you'd ever need to turn one of these beasts up that far.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Try your Randall's w/ Eminence Swamp Thang's if you get a chance. They mesh well with the high end, and can actually handle the lows some of these Randalls produce, with farting out and turning to mud. Also, they can handle the power rating easily as well....not that you'd ever need to turn one of these beasts up that far.

Hey man I was thinking of doing that in my B-52 cab for my T2 , or doing this package with Texas Heats / Swamp Thangs Buy Eminence Monster Metal 12 Speaker Kit | Speakers | Musician's Friend

Metalman X

Reaction score

pathos45

Reaction score
Never tried the Texas Heats myself, but I can see how they might make an awesome contrast to the Swamp's.

I can't imagine either of these speakers, or both together, NOT sounding awesome with your amp. I'm pretty sure the swamp's alone will impress you.

i have both my 6505 cabs with a "x" pattern with texas heat/swamp thangs...and all i gotta say is it can handdle the low end with eassssssse but the texas heats give it that crisp tight tone that goes PERFECT with the low end of the swamp thangs....but to my understanding all the texas heats are, are swamp thangs with the eq adjusted slightly but enough u can hear a diffrence in the speakers. I do want to swap out my straight cab with just straight swamp thangs and my slant top cab with the texas heats but i just love the tone i get with the "x"

Metalman X

Reaction score
i have both my 6505 cabs with a "x" pattern with texas heat/swamp thangs...and all i gotta say is it can handdle the low end with eassssssse but the texas heats give it that crisp tight tone that goes PERFECT with the low end of the swamp thangs....but to my understanding all the texas heats are, are swamp thangs with the eq adjusted slightly but enough u can hear a diffrence in the speakers. I do want to swap out my straight cab with just straight swamp thangs and my slant top cab with the texas heats but i just love the tone i get with the "x"

That does indeed sound awesome.

If i had the spare $$$ I'd buy a couple of TX heats and try them in an X-pattern as well.

I was even considering trying one in the Grendel Dead Room iso cab I'm getting, but considering what I've suspected and read, the high end can get crazy in those due to limited space to back the mic's off. So I'm thinking the swamp's w/ their smoother tone will be a better choice in the Dead Room as well. Than I need to grab an Audix I5 to try side by side in it with an SM57 and see what happens.

Metalman X

Reaction score
I did it....pulled the trigger on another Randall last night.

By the end of this week, I ought to have a Cyclone in my possession once again.

That was my main amp from like 2002 to early 2007. NEVER should have sold it.

A decision I just rectified!

*awaits the incoming Randall*

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Randall all the way....i also have an RG75G3 Plus 1x12 combo which sounds good, but it has a Celestion Seventy-80 speaker in it which sounds like CRAP, especially with the closed back configuration. i would like to swap that speaker out for a swamp thang and see if it makes it sound better. here is a pic of my main rig though....i have the R412XLTX which has the 2 V30's and 2 G12's....sounds killer!!! i love this cab and i like the metal grill, makes it look like a tank!!!!

and get this....i got my V2 head and the R412XLTX cab (together) used on ebay for $800 shipped!!!! is that a deal or is that a deal!!??!!??

ryan9896-albums-my-gear-picture5040-randall-v2-head-randall-r412xltx-cab-w-celestion-v30s-g12s-digitech-gsp1101-processor-isp-decimator-prorack-g-furman-power-conditioner-x2-digital-wireless-control-2-foot-controller.jpg

ryan9896-albums-my-gear-picture5041-side-shot-close-up.jpg

i love the GSP1101, by the way.....i can switch between the V2 Preamps and the internal amp models, and i set the control 2 to switch the channels on my V2, depending on what preset i engage...very cool!!!

Latest posts

')