NRIP - new rig in progress

• Thread starter noob_pwn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
So the other day an awfully bulky item arrived at my workplace.
I was too excited to take a picture of the box before it was destroyed.

31970_10150174037600584_814935583_12414374_1292366_n.jpg

!!!!!

31970_10150174038460584_814935583_12414383_6159421_n.jpg

winRAR

"dad! there's something at the door!"
aussie.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

MOAR.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

thats all for now but i shall keep you all up to date, sorry for the shitty quality pics
I finally got to play through the cab today, my good mate mike (mikebot on this forum) is lending me the marshall silverjubilee clone he owns until my rig is all here becuase i dont actually have an amp right now, i sold my 5150.

thoughts on the cab:
Seriously, it is by far my favourite cab that I've tried. I like the p50's alot more than V30's but i think the cab's construction has alot to do with the tone. I can't think of anything about it I dont like. Asthetically it's solidly built but very light which is great, probably weighs 2/3 as much as my mesa. It disperses sound extremely well, much nicer than the mesa's laser beam. It is ridiculously tight but still responds naturally with the amp's poweramp sag, doesnt get farty even with stupid amounts of bass thrown at it. Doesn't sound stiff or cold, even though the speakers apparently need a long time to break in. The lows are really percussive and hit you in the sack if you stand in front of it. The high end is very smooth and seems to roll off perfectly The mids sit very nice, they are very present and full. It doesn't get honky when you throw lots of mids at it, even with the Jube. When cranked the lows still retain definition and tightness as the speakers break up which was my main gripe with V30's. The speakers dont get too bright either. Overall it's quite balanced, very tight and still lush-sounding. The cleans are very full. Really I could not be happier. This is solely going off the Jube too, apparently they are tuned to fryette/vht heads and don't sound that great with most amps.. i reckon thats bullshit because I've never heard mike's jube sound that good to my ears. The p50e's don't sounds ANYTHING like C90's imo, i hated those things.

I also tried running my pocket pod which im using to practice with at the moment (sold my X3 recently), into the jube's power section for lols and it actually sounded pretty damn good lol. Lacked a bit of the lushness that the jube has but didnt have that shitty gross digital sound to it. It was pretty full & thick enough. I should take a video of that just for shits and giggles, I think i'll use that rig at band pracs for the time being until the rest of my rig arrives.

BIG PROPS TO ZIMBLOTH @ THE AXE PALACE FOR HOOKING ME UP WITH SOME OF THIS STUFF (STILL TO COME) AND HIS GREAT ADVICE ON FRYETTE GEAR, HE KNOWS HIS SHIT!
I know some negative things have been said about the dude lately and it's not deserved. Yes sometimes he's hard to get ahold of, yes occasionally he is involved in misunderstandings like the rest of us, we're all human. Fact of the matter is he is a great guy who has really looked after me and actually gives a shit about his customers. He is passionate about good tone, good gear and gives great advice. Really goes beyond the call of duty for anyone who needs help whether you're buying or just asking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brainchild

ss.org mathlete
Reaction score
sweet dude - did you get that sent all the way from the states or from Eastgate music.
What kind of rig are you looking at getting??

noob_pwn

Reaction score
sweet dude - did you get that sent all the way from the states or from Eastgate music.
What kind of rig are you looking at getting??

yeah dude eastgate sent me the cab!
They're the only fryette dealer on our lonely little island, it wasn't that expensive to ship either.

You'll see about the rig, its a surprise. If i told everyone what i was getting, there wouldnt be any suspense

Fred

Reaction score
Congrats on the NGD, but I mainly had to comment on this incredible picture:

aussie.jpg

Genuinely took me a few to work out that wasn't real; hilarious stuff!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Congrats on the NGD, but I mainly had to comment on this incredible picture:

aussie.jpg

Genuinely took me a few to work out that wasn't real; hilarious stuff!

thats just the way we do things here mate

shogunate

Reaction score
Daz cuz Ozzie fucking kicks the shit out of America and all the other bastard child offshoots of the UK empire :lol:

Is the cab the fatbottom or the deliverance?

Bevo

Reaction score
Sweet!

That kangeroo got me then I noticed the Fosters, great pic!!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Hey dudes,
yeah it is the fatbottom (for future referance you can tell by the piping, fb is white,
deliverance is black).
And cheers cybersyn! Hope you enjoyed our track!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
I have undertaken rig ov doom phase II. Sorry no picstory this time. Still waiting for Phase III (been in customs for a freaking week), phase IV, Phase IV.V & Phase V. I will do a thorough video demonstration after phase V, when i also have my new guitar.

Big shout out to zimbloth/axepalace for this one. I've never had a piece of gear ship over from the states so fast before. He is the man. Can't wait to fire this thing up although all I have to run into it atm is a pocket pod.. lol. I sold all my stuff to fund my new rig. Went all out on my new setup. Hopefully that will stop my gear whoring for a while after it all comes together.
28720_10150183674740584_814935583_12677345_5690148_n.jpg

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
The lows are really percussive and hit you in the sack if you stand in front of it.

Did you enjoy this aspect? :agreed:

I bet I have a really good guess as to what will be atop the 2:90:2... it's sort of becoming the SS.org signature rig, I think.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Did you enjoy this aspect? :agreed:

I bet I have a really good guess as to what will be atop the 2:90:2... it's sort of becoming the SS.org signature rig, I think.

I won't take that bet, sorry. The empty 2U are too much of a giveaway. :lol:

noob_pwn

Reaction score
ahahahahah oh shit i finally fired this bad boy up with a pocket pod running into it. Sounding absolutely crushing. I can't believe how good this poweramp is. I am in total disbelief. If you don't have one of these, you need one. Its perfect with the FB, which I also love dearly. There's a bit of hum from a ground loop somewhere but I'm almost certain its the pod. This was shot at loud conversation volume, you can hear my drunken breathing over the top. This was after i got back from a birthday celebration at uni so i was pretty plastered, i actually laughed to myself the whole time because it sounded so brutal. Pretty sure I flattened a few villages with this one. 2/90/2's really can polish turds, pocket pods sound like shit

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
aussie.jpg

Fosters! Australian for "OMFG THERE IS A TRANVESTITIE KANGAROO SMOKING A CIGARETTE AND LOUNGING ON OUR COUCH EYEING A DRUNK CHILD AND OUR LEASE SPECIFICALLY STATES NO INDOOR SMOKING OR TRANSVESTITE MARSUPIALS!".

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
That's too ridiculous of a sound to be a pocket pod :rofl:

I'm so tempted for a similar rig now!

MOAR! I want a video when it's complete.

PS - Gorgeous Ibby. Which BKPs are in it?

')