NRIP - new rig in progress

• Thread starter noob_pwn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drenzium

Reaction score
That's too ridiculous of a sound to be a pocket pod :rofl:

I'm so tempted for a similar rig now!

MOAR! I want a video when it's complete.

PS - Gorgeous Ibby. Which BKPs are in it?

he has dual ceramic warpigs

waiting on the next phase of this! pretty sure everybody knows whats coming though, but you never know until its revealed!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Who is that rack case made by?

cases.com.au mate,
they also built me a custom rack roadcase for the 5150 and JVM i used to own, amazing cases but would cost you an arm and leg to ship one stateside

Pretty much sold all the gear I owned to put together a new live rig and I've gone all out on it so that the end result is perfect. As things are going forward with my band and I've spent time touring etc I've learned about what works and what doesn't work so well in a live rig when you're playing often. I've specifically chosen everything new that I've bought for a reason, I wanted to put together a compact setup I could use for the next few years that would be consistent, reliable, have a fast pack up/pack down with the fewest cable runs and connections as possible whilst still doing the job, and do everything I want it to do without hassle.

You guys are pretty spot on with your predictions but there's a few other things about this rig that are interesting which I'll post about too, pretty much the whole thing is new gear except for my wireless and tuner. So this will just be one epic multi-NGD thread

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Knew that picture wasn't real instantly, no one in Australia drinks Foster's :lol:

Great looking progress, I'm sure Joel will brag to me how good it sounds once he plays it :rofl:

haha Joel is absolutely frothing over this thing, he offered to buy me lunch just so he could come around and play it. Great bloke.

You're right about fosters too, that stuff is actually kangaroo piss that we sell to our neighbours like japan as a beer

noob_pwn

Reaction score
RIG COMPLETION DAY!1111111!!!!!!!
=]

28670_10150191586095584_814935583_12926415_1450967_n.jpg

warped

Reaction score
Sensational...
How does it sound so far? How are you going with the AxeFx?

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Sensational...
How does it sound so far? How are you going with the AxeFx?

it sounds like the end of the fucking world. haha no shit. I am more than amazed by how good i got it sounding already.
I got the hang of the axefx pretty quick, was kinda mind-boggling at first but I've got some tones I'm happy with now and built up all my patches that i need for my band at least. I can't get it communicating with my computer in axe-edit though which sucks and the expression pedal is refusing to co-operate but besides that it's going great so far.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
RIG COMPLETION DAY!1111111!!!!!!!
=]

28670_10150191586095584_814935583_12926415_1450967_n.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Fuck!
I was day dreaming at work the other day and drew sketches of my dream rig, and it's EXACTLY what you have! but in my sketch the Boss and expression pedal are opposite and the 4x12 is straight.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
dude, where did you get the axe fx through? and how much did they charge in AUD?

noob_pwn

Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Fuck!
I was day dreaming at work the other day and drew sketches of my dream rig, and it's EXACTLY what you have! but in my sketch the Boss and expression pedal are opposite and the 4x12 is straight.

funny you sat that actually because originally i was going to have the expression pedal on the opposite side but the TU-2's input is on the right and it fits perfectly on the PT-2 with no extra room so i really didn't have any other option except sticking them both on the right.

As for the cab, i prefer slanted ones, they seem to disperse a bit better on stage.

great taste in gear though!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
dude, where did you get the axe fx through? and how much did they charge in AUD?

I was going to get it through the aussie distributor but one came up for sale second hand in the states so i bought it and got it shipped over

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Maaate...Fuggin tidy rig.

Where is the Pocket Pod? :squint:

:lol:

Do you need a step down tansformer for any of that?

2/90/2's have multi tap transformers you can rewire for 240v and the axefx runs on 110~240v so its all sweet. I am using a step down for the poweramp atm but i'll get it switched over shortly.

')