NRIP - new rig in progress

• Thread starter noob_pwn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
CODY!
sorry dude i know this thread is ancient now but i just found this.
Yes we are both bringing our axefx's over, We will be running them into the fx returns on whatever amps we can get our hands on (most likely yours + one from the band before us if you don't mind).
:metal:

Fo sho nig, my amps a p.o.s. bugera 333 (worst power section EVER) but im hoping to have scored an engl fireball 60 thats sitting second hand in a music shop 2 streets from my house by then.
Fucking bills, proritys suck hahaha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Fo sho nig, my amps a p.o.s. bugera 333 (worst power section EVER) but im hoping to have scored an engl fireball 60 thats sitting second hand in a music shop 2 streets from my house by then.
Fucking bills, proritys suck hahaha

All good bro,
As long as it works I'll be stoked with whatever i get.
so keen dude!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
bit of a necro-bump because I've been poor from touring...
I finally finished my rig, added to the axefx ultra & 2902 is an ART PS-PRO 4x4 power conditioner and a line6 G90 wireless

40736_10150287568055584_814935583_15417031_8304639_n.jpg

On the floor I got rid of the crappy rocktron pedal for a mission SP-1, and then took the switch out of it because i decided i prefer auto-engage. I only did that today, the photo is a little older

61113_10150260197830584_814935583_14869856_993587_n.jpg

I have played about 50 shows now with this setup and couldnt be happier. I've had to fly to the other side of the country and couldnt take my poweramp and slaved in to backline, that really showed me just how amazingly good the 2902 is. It is ridiculously huge and clear sounding and seems to have thicker mids than any 6L6/EL34 amp i've used the ultra through.
Furthermore, I have figured out how to run poweramp sims on and keep it sounding great through the poweramp, and at the same time run direct out of another output so I can use cab sims on it and go straight to FOH. This way, my mic'd cab and DI can be blended so i still keep the consistency of going direct but at the same time get the colouration I like from my poweramp & cab. Blended it just sounds massive through FOH and I dont seem to get any phasing issues whatsoever.

The ART unit is surprisingly good and has significantly lowered my noise floor. Where this has helped me most is at venues with dirty mains. In the past, i had problems with my old analog wireless raising my noise floor which meant my sustain on high notes got cut sooner. It fixed that but i still had a slightly squashed tone and feel, before I got the G90.

About the G90, I cant say enough good things about that wireless, it is just fantastic but I am yet to use it live, I will get a chance tomorrow.

The cab's speakers have properly broken in now too and it just sounds phenomenal with anything. Everyone who I've lent it to at shows has been taken aback by how tight, thick and clear it sounds whilst dispersing well. Do yourself a favour and get a fatbottom!

Finally, I've had the axe for 6 months now and I'm really stoked with how its sounding. My band is going to use our axefx's to record our album in a few months. Overall, couldnt be happier with this rig. If anyone has Q's about any of my stuff hit me up.

Now I'm just waiting on my 2 BRJs..... >.<

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
nice rig, i have a question about ground control...

So ground control allows me to "control" a few pedals the way i want BUT does the ground control allow me to change the setting on different pedal as well as control the pedal?

Thanks

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Dude!

By the way mate, did you say that your Axe FX runs 110V to 240V?

So I can run an American unit in the UK?

I'm not personally into running Axe FX as a preamp, but they still sound immense. That's an amazing rig.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Dude!

By the way mate, did you say that your Axe FX runs 110V to 240V?

So I can run an American unit in the UK?

I'm not personally into running Axe FX as a preamp, but they still sound immense. That's an amazing rig.

yeah dude they're global voltage, connected via IEC

noob_pwn

Reaction score
nice rig, i have a question about ground control...

So ground control allows me to "control" a few pedals the way i want BUT does the ground control allow me to change the setting on different pedal as well as control the pedal?

Thanks

Depends if you can recall midi presets via a command change on analog pedals, It's essentially just a midi controller that can send/receive CC's and PC's and the commonly mated GCX switcher switches loops, amps and amp channels (i think)

')