(NS)NGD - Agile Interceptor

• Thread starter fujitron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fujitron

Reaction score
What the hell... let's do this :D

Not So New Guitar Day :scratch:

agile interceptor pro 828 yadda yadda

28" scale 8 string active EMGs :)bowdown:) kahler locking trem, you know... the usual

Great guitar. thank cthulhu for my freakish long fingers so i can play normal

it's a bitch to do bends though, loaded with .009-.042, a .052 (i think) and a .068

Sounds great, but the puny 15W 10" laney is not up to the job. That amp is more for blues/rock rather than the seismic activity that the Agile creates. Thankfully, i have a monitor cabinet loaded with a 15" woofer, powered by a diy 100W rms solidstate amp fed by a Line6 UX1 (yeah bending on high strings creates aliasing:realmad: which sounds like ass :squint: but oh well)

needs lotsa practice though. it's very different from a 6 string guitar that i can call it "electric guitar" with some difficulty. I mean, hell, the viola is played with the same technique as the violin and it is just a larger scale violin, yet it has a different name. oh well.

Attachments

• DSC_0075.JPG
    DSC_0075.JPG
    783.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0076.JPG
    DSC_0076.JPG
    690.2 KB · Views: 50

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
White guitar with maple fretboard? Awesome. Lime green wall? EPIC!

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Oooohh, you got the awesome white with maple one that I've been drooling over! I have a Septor 827, white with ebony fretboard, and since that I've become crazy about white guitars. Used to hate 'em, but now I think there's something so damn classy about white with black hardware. Even moreso with a maple fretboard (so damn jealous).

How is the string spacing @ the nut? Since mine is non-Kahler the nut is cut terribly (huge gap between low f# and b), but I was thinking it might be better with the locking nut.

fujitron

Reaction score
Congrats, how's the Kahler? Any problems getting decent action or intonation?

as a fixed bridge, it is just fine. Easy to remove/insert a new string, unlike the floyd rose on my washburn which is a PITA... Easy to adjust intonation and action, too! I mean, i did it once and it was easy. Just make sure you follow the dude's advice on youtube. He has a full course about it... like a seminar! While on the washburn (floyd rose) i never bothered. Seems too difficult.

As a floating trem i haven't used it yet, i must say :/

White guitar with maple fretboard? Awesome. Lime green wall? EPIC!

:hbang:
bonus pic just for you

(yes the thing on the left is the monitor cab on top of which rests the amplifier's components)

Oooohh, you got the awesome white with maple one that I've been drooling over! I have a Septor 827, white with ebony fretboard, and since that I've become crazy about white guitars. Used to hate 'em, but now I think there's something so damn classy about white with black hardware. Even moreso with a maple fretboard (so damn jealous).

How is the string spacing @ the nut? Since mine is non-Kahler the nut is cut terribly (huge gap between low f# and b), but I was thinking it might be better with the locking nut.

whitewith black fretboard?! WANT. WANTWANTWANT. Yeah white looks "precise", "clinical", "pure". Don't be jealous, yours must look awesome too...

string spacing at the nut is ... ok i guess. it is even.

If your nut is cut uneven consider getting a new one. Don't let a small detail like that ruin the instrument. String spacing is IMPORTANT

Attachments

• DSC_0079.JPG
    DSC_0079.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 22
')