NSD (New Strings Day)

• Thread starter ZXIIIT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
So yesterday I finally decided to restring my RG7321 with some custom made Auroras strings I got a year and a half ago :lol: and my RG560 with the some new neon yellow DR strings :hbang:

Day time
100_2916.jpg

Uncut strings :hbang: (for now)

Under a black light
100_2933.jpg

100_2940.jpg

100_2943.jpg

The Auroras are non black light cooperative :/
100_2944.jpg

The DR strings are really nice, definitely going to get more of those.
The .60 feels a bit wobbly on my RG7321, the strings sound kinds muffled overall and the A&D strings already show signs of fading within 1 hour of playing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
looks good, but from what you are writting, it is more a gimmick that something really viable, isn't it?

:agreed:
In a way yes and they do feel different and sound different than "regular strings" (especially the Auroras)

I do like how the DRs sound though, :)

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
thats shit looks slick! you have awesome taste and imagination. not to mention the new avatar pic is seriously wicked! \m/

FLGearnut

Reaction score
i can see a definite utility purpose to glow-in-the-dark strings for guitarists who play on darkly lit stages and have no inlays or glowing side dots on their guitars as means of reference to go off of.

id be interested to hear how different they feel/sound compared to a regular set of strings one would use.

plus, at almost twice the cost per pack, itd really have to be for shows only...way too expensive for just average playing

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
i can see a definite utility purpose to glow-in-the-dark strings for guitarists who play on darkly lit stages and have no inlays or glowing side dots on their guitars as means of reference to go off of.

id be interested to hear how different they feel/sound compared to a regular set of strings one would use.

plus, at almost twice the cost per pack, itd really have to be for shows only...way too expensive for just average playing

I'll upload a video soon showing the DR's in a live show setting.

They do feel different, a bit stiff, but in a good way, sound, overall is, hard to explain, compressed? I prefer the DRs :)

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Those don't last very long, just a warning.

')