Nu-Metal/Hard Rock Fans?

• Thread starter 7soundz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
See this post as a placeholder because I've been waiting for a thread like this forever.

Will edit this when I get back home.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, I'm gonna like this thread a lot. :yesway: Dark New Day especially is such an excellent band, and the Bobby Reeves-era Adema stuff is great too!! Here's a few of my favorites, in no particular order:

6gig

40 Grit

Taproot

Sw1tched

Pulse Ultra

Mad at Gravity

From Zero

I'll come back and post more as I think of them!

7soundz

Reaction score

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Red and Submersed are another two of my favorites, and of course Breaking Benjamin is the shit, though I am curious to hear how having an entirely new lineup is going to affect their upcoming studio stuff. Hopefully it's as epic as the stuff that came before it!

7soundz

Reaction score
From the way I understood things, it seemed that the lead singer of Breaking Benjamin did most of the writting for the previous records so I am sure it will sound the same or maybe even better. He has had a long time to put together some really good songs hopefully. He has a great sense of melody yet he keeps things heavy.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
If it wasn't against forum rules, I'd consider creating another account just so I could like that post twice! I'm a big fan of the first two Evans Blue albums with Kevin on vocals, and of course all the Parabelle stuff. :yesway:

7soundz

Reaction score

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
OH MAN This is the thread I have been waiting forever for. Everything I've wanted to post is here already :lol:
And even better learned about a few more awesome ones :yesway: Keep this up guys this is awesome!

edit: Haji's Kitchen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSO1up7NdKo

Not the best quality, but yeah. DBZ fans know this song :metal:

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score

When I heard "Flicker" by Submersed when I was like 14, changed my perspective on how I play clean guitar haha

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score
Pretty much some names already in the thread: The classic: Drowning Pool, Korn, Pod, Stain'd , and Mudvayne

My favorites being: Deftones, and Linkin Park (if they count cus y'know genres have weird rules that I don't keep up on)

I remember listening to Submersed a lot too, def inspired my clean playing

Fear Factory also was pretty inspiring to my playing

When I was 14 I used to get way stoked off of bands like Cold, Breaking Benjamin, and I remember finding out about Dark New Day from Smackdown Vs Raw on PS2 so there's a good nostalgic factor to that as well.

When I was like 12-13 I thought this band Nonpoint was really tight (they also were in Smackdown VS Raw soundtrack, and 2006 Miami Vice Soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPP7TWDn6CE )

This was the Myspace profile song for a good amount of time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4xq3kL-T30

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Another band I thought of that should go in this thread is The Miserables, featuring members from 40 Grit, Skinlab, and Terror Syndrome...they're like the perfect bridge between nu-metal and metalcore, and one of my favorite bands. :metal:

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
From Zero was brilliant! I was always kind of bummed they never really caught fire like I feel they should have.

Those first two Mudvayne records are some of my most listened to albums throughout my entire life, regardless of genre.

"Untouchables" is still my favorite Korn album.

Certainly can't leave Flaw out of this discussion either. Really enjoyed Chris Volz's voice.

Mushroomhead was a high school favorite.

"Gift" is a classic.

Sevendust is STILL one of my favorite bands. They continue to put out excellent music. While they've changed since their early days, they still possess that heaviness and groove. Some of the best songwriters in metal. Period.

There are TONS more and I could share for hours. Nu metal will always have a special place in my life because it was all exploding through my middle and high school years. A lot of that music is a soundtrack to my history, good and bad. So much nostalgia in it. I love it.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
From Zero was brilliant! I was always kind of bummed they never really caught fire like I feel they should have.

Not only someone else who knows who From Zero is, but feels the same way about them I do? Kudos on your good taste, sir. :yesway:

And to keep the nu-metal train a-rolling, here's another of my personal favorites, Nonpoint's "To The Pain" album, which is not only my favorite Nonpoint album, but the only one (to the best of my knowledge) with guitars tuned to Bb/A#, which I always felt gave their songs such an awesome flavor that should have been used more in their later catalog. :hbang:

')