Nu-metal is back- Volumes' new song...

• Thread starter KnightBrolaire
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score

*yeah I know Hacktivist has been doing stuff like this for a while but at least they're mildly tolerable imo. This is just cringy and horrible imo. Almost as bad as Suicide Silence's new songs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Lemme guess, they're trying to "save djent" by playing something that doesn't sound like djent?

EDIT: Also, isn't this the band with the douchebag lead singer? This song DEFINITELY reeks of douchebaggery.

feilong29

Reaction score
I dig it lol. It's different (aside from Hacktivist doing something similar; harder).

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Lemme guess, they're trying to "save djent" by playing something that doesn't sound like djent?

EDIT: Also, isn't this the band with the douchebag lead singer? This song DEFINITELY reeks of douchebaggery.

yup the singer is a huge tool, just like the singer of suicide silence. Volumes hasn't been good since Wormholes imo.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I don't think these guys were ever as good as some people thought they were.
Can't wait for these guys and SS to be opening up club tours for Otep and Dope next year!

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I don't think these guys were ever as good as some people thought they were.
Can't wait for these guys and SS to be opening up club tours for Otep and Dope next year!

I think the only reason they were ever popular was because they were in one of the first waves of "random plural words for names" djent bands. That and they had enough of a hardcore vibe that they got some crossover fans from hardcore music (at least in my circle of friends).
Also Edge of the Earth is actually a pretty decent song :

bhakan

Reaction score
I think the only reason they were ever popular was because they were in one of the first waves of "random plural words for names" djent bands. That and they had enough of a hardcore vibe that they got some crossover fans from hardcore music (at least in my circle of friends).
Also Edge of the Earth is actually a pretty decent song :
Yea I feel like Volumes were one of the earlier bands to do the whole djent/deathcore thing and originally did it pretty well. Then when every other band in the world figured out how easy it was to do they got kind of lost in the sea of bands doing that sound. When that EP first came out it was pretty interesting, but kind of loses its originality in hindsight.

Axe Cop

Reaction score
I have no idea who this band is so this is first thing I've heard from them.

The first verse sounds like Limp BizDjent though.

That being said, there isn't a single thing about this track that I find pleasurable.

Handbanana

Reaction score
I for one welcome back the reinstatement of nu-metal. No matter how much .... people talk about it, IOWA still gives me a super boner and I absolutely loved the aggression that the genre put out. It was different, some of it was ....e, but I grew up with it and missed some of its originalityyyyyyyy.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
this sucks, but doesn't anyone remember Puya from the 90s?

A Puerto Rican band that mixed tons of styles with some nu metal style.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha being out of touch with a lot of bands these days I genuinely thought this was a parody of nu metal... oops...

Demiurge

Reaction score
I for one welcome back the reinstatement of nu-metal. No matter how much .... people talk about it, IOWA still gives me a super boner and I absolutely loved the aggression that the genre put out. It was different, some of it was ....e, but I grew up with it and missed some of its originalityyyyyyyy.

Oh yeah, Iowa is great n'all, but that brings up the bigger issue: if you're going to deliberately emulate a certain sound/style, why not emulate something good?

"Hey guys, why don't we mix it up a bit and bring back some nu-metal sounds?"

"Oh, like Slipknot, early Korn, or SoaD?"

"Nah, brutal stuff like POD & Saliva, bro."

"..."

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I don't think Slipknot is Nu-metal. Roots-era Sepultura and Papa Roach are better examples of nu-metal imo.

')