Nu Metal vs Emo

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

worse of Nu Metal or Emo

• Nu Metal

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Emo

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
Which do hate more. Of the two most recent massive trends in metal that cause rage and hatred within the community of real metalheads. Personally there are a few nu metal bands I can listen to. Emo just makes me wanna hunt someone down and administer some nile esque punishment on them. So I hate emo more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
I hate Nu Metal. I used to like it back in my earliest guitar playing days because it was easy and distortable. Emo is different. It's harder to label music emo but it's easy to label people as Emo kids. I want to slap some sense into their fringed idiot faces so they realize their lives aren't that bad and their parents aren't that evil and cruel.

The decision was close but in the end I based it off musical qualities.

Nu Metal isn't just terrible, it reflects badly on tr00 metal so it gets the hate.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I hate both with a passion, but I'll vote for Nu-metal just because the kids who were into it were far more annoying.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Couldn't give a flying monkey. If it sounds good to my ears, Il listen to it. Hating a band because of the supposed genre they come from is musical ignorance.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
^ :agreed:

But on the same note...they fit into these genres because of conventions in the music. Favouring certain bands or songs is all subjective, you may like one bands singer or one bands...I dunno, chord progressions - but all in all they're going to have a lot of similarities that put them within that genre so in my mind its not too narrow-minded to generalise, but thats just me :).

I suppose, I would vote for Emo because out of all the bands I've heard they all sound too similar. That and the fashion sense of Emo's is irritating...the fact that they wear jeans so tight you may as well be painting the fuckers on is pretty disturbing - they make their legs look stick thin and it makes me wanna' kick them in the sides of their knees.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
DelfinoPie said:
^ :agreed:

But on the same note...they fit into these genres because of conventions in the music. Favouring certain bands or songs is all subjective, you may like one bands singer or one bands...I dunno, chord progressions - but all in all they're going to have a lot of similarities that put them within that genre so in my mind its not too narrow-minded to generalise, but thats just me :).

I suppose, I would vote for Emo because out of all the bands I've heard they all sound too similar. That and the fashion sense of Emo's is irritating...the fact that they wear jeans so tight you may as well be painting the fuckers on is pretty disturbing - they make their legs look stick thin and it makes me wanna' kick them in the sides of their knees.

Girl pants. If you wear these and are not a chick, you must be short on some anatomy. :lol:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Emo and Emo kids are far worse. I'm ashamed to admit that there are a few nu-metal songs that are too catchy to not like, but generally most nu-metal sucks, but it's not anywheres near as annoying as Emo.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
id have to say emo because i started out listening to numetal... well korn, limp biskhit and slipknot and hell i still do listen to them quite often, with the exception of LB, i think the big problem with both these genres is that they just become too saturated with bands all trying to sound like the pioneering band and thus the genre dies...
plus emo turned all the ska kids emo, that pissed me off, none more entertaining than a ska kid drinking his own body weight in white cider and trying to climb up the side of a building or just being crazy and random... emo's just mope... bloody emo i like ska why kill it??? :wallbash:

(i got progressevly more worked up writing that :lol: )

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
what a weird thread....personally I hate shredding, which is probably not gonna go down well with you guys! Hmm, cant work out what I hate more, shredding or emo......think its emo but its a close call!!!

NewArmyGuitar

Fueled by Satan
Contributor
Reaction score
There's some nu-metal stuff I really don't mind, but I can't stand emo (or emo kids). It just grates on my nerves.

Shaman

Reaction score
Emo is by far more irritating IMO. Nu-metal is pretty gross too.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Both musical forms are just plain annoying...but nu-metal kids were generally pretty obnoxious as opposed to just immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')