Nuclear Warming?

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We're going to take this planet for everything it is worth. Every. Single. Thing. The human race is the embodiment of an irreversible process. The only real discussion on the environment is how and who gets paid to do it. Current humans have absolutely no concept of how dementedly decadent our lives are compared to history or what can logically be expected in the future when it wanes. We can sit around blaming individuals and industry all day, but at the end of that day there's a 99.9% chance we'd still be in this exact same situation with them at the wheel because it's a human problem. We keep expecting technology to fix us, when carelessly exploiting such things is the cause of the problem.

If you made people pick between modern tech and the death of the human race I don't think we'd see the sun ever again.

I don't know what this thread is about, I'm just riffing.
I mostly agree with you here: I think some statement of misanthropy is true. But I also don't think defeatism is called for. Even if the demise of humans and most living things is extremely likely, there are many different ways to get there. Some are better and some are worse.

We all have a terrible end ahead but there are still things we can do for a least worst end.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
This needs some context, I think.

"Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed but now they are full cities again," the multibillionaire owner of Tesla, SpaceX and X said.

"That's great, that's great," Mr Trump responded.

"It is not as scary as people think, basically," Mr Musk added.

Ah yes, that historic moment when America dropped nuclear power plants on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, who could forgot.

')