NUD: With two strings more

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
fetch

I wasn't really planning on getting a ukulele with 2 more strings (Guitalele technically), but the Ibanez AUP10N was so cool, I didn't want to let go after trying it. So here we are.

This is part of the new AU ukulele corner of Ibanez's vast 'make a bunch of random stuff' line, that's always been appealing to me about the brand. The main gimmick is that the body is hollow carved out and then put the top as a lid, with the sound holes on the side of the body. With 6 strings, it's tuned to A like a guitar with a capo on the 5th fret (same register as traditional ukuleles.)

The little thing is surprisingly resonant. It's loud for it's size and I can clearly hear it's natural sustain. It probably helps with one of the sound holes pointing directly at my head, which I know Ibanez have been putting on some of their AE acoustics since Tim Henson released his nylon string sig.

Even if I already know how to play an actual ukulele, I'll probably be using this for any upcoming session work that needs it. And if I do need a traditional uke, I'll just get another one from the AU range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')