NuGD ESP Goodness

• Thread starter Nightside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I picked this up from Reverb a few weeks ago. 2012 Standard Series (none of that bogus E-II trash!) M-II NTB. Fucking love it. It was between this and a 90s Original Series M-II Deluxe. This one is in better condition and weighs a little less. I thought I preferred bolt-ons for many years. However, I was back in the US on business a few months ago and got to play around with my cousin's CS RV350AL Arrowhead, Technical House custom snakeskin RR with reverse Concord headstock, and DCGL limited run neon orange Standard Series M-II NTB with neck binding and side block inlays. I realized just how much I missed a good neck through ESP M-II. This one doesn't disappoint. I admit when they switched from plain black to cosmo hardware for a few years, I was a hater. I was actually planning on swapping out the hardware on this one. Once I got it in my hands it looked way more awesomer for some reason and I'm not going to change it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
Nice, congrats!

I had one of these, and I looved everything about it except that it had a Floyd Rose. Unfortunately the Floyd made me get rid of the guitar but the neck blew me away so much that I ended up replacing it with tune-o-matic guitars that have the same neck. But I still sorta wish I had the M-II, there was something about that guitar... I loved the gloss black with the rosewood fretboard.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn man what's up with this? Who cares what's on the headstock? Same people making the same thing.

HNGD though man, post some pics soon.

What's wrong with E-II?
Funny, but I prefer my 2013 E-II Horizon to my 2012 "normal ESP" one. Both are perfect guitars, but I just gel with the 2013 better, and can't put my finger on why.

He's just trolling, don't take the bait.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I'll post pics when I transfer them to the laptop and resize them. The forum uploader says my shitty phone pics are too big.

gnoll

Reaction score
Actually about the E-II thing: I believe when they switched to E-II they changed the neck profile for this and similar ntb models from extra thin U to thin U. So not the same. And that alone is enough for me to look for ESP models rather than E-II. And tbh I prefer having guitars that say ESP on them after having grown up watching all my heroes play ESP guitars. But to each their own.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

mehegama

Reaction score
nice. By the way the E-II are not trash. They are more or less similar to the standards in terms of quality. Now not having the ESP logo on the headstock takes a lot of the magic away and can be a deal breaker for many (myself included). But they are not bad guitars in any way.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Nah... black hardware is the way to go. One lifehack: using nivea cream for few days will make the fretboard darker.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nah... black hardware is the way to go. One lifehack: using nivea cream for few days will make the fretboard darker.

That's because it's mostly mineral oil (well, after water at least). The water content makes it less than ideal, but I doubt you're slathering it on.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I'm thinking about maybe either a smoked grey mirror pickguard or aluminum.

')