NWD: New Walnut Day

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
MGEW5-1084.jpg

Picked this up tonight and it is making its way to KxK... the plan is for it to end up on a 7DC: walnut top and headstock, walnut P90-7s, black hardware, ebony board :yum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
That's super awesome! Right now my worst GAS is for something with P90s and I'm torn between using my walnut top, or something else... like a red cedar body. That should growl like a mofo

Also, I'm guessing you are getting it resawn?

Hey did you get the subscription to Gear.Whores.Anonymous I signed you up for?

banned in 3... 2... 1...

Reaction score
That's super awesome! Right now my worst GAS is for something with P90s and I'm torn between using my walnut top, or something else... like a red cedar body. That should growl like a mofo

banned in 3... 2... 1...

If I do get banned please make it lift before Saturday because that's when Vik posts updates on my build :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah that's like 22" x 7" x 1" or so so it will be book matched and a headstock cap and bobbins will get cut out of it. Figuring mahogany with a walnut cap should just growl... also considering limba depending on what's in stock and my cash when I order it

That is going to look AWEsome.

If I do get banned please make it lift before Saturday because that's when Vik posts updates on my build :lol:

So ban you from Friday until Tuesday? Got it :fawk:

demonx

Searls Guitars
Vendor
Reaction score
That's a very sexy piece of wood... Can't wait to see what gets done with it

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rob at KxK makes p90's for 7's. They are for sale individually IIRC :)

Stealth is correct... you can email KxK to ask about a set. They're humbucker sized so they'll fit most normal routes too :D

Don't ask me how they sound as I haven't had a chance to try a set yet :lol:

')