• Other, please specify

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally I can retire the Ford.

What an adventure, it's worth the read. :yesway: But if you can't be bothered, pics are at the end and thank the thread :lol:

Some of you would have seen my previous post regarding the Jeep Grand Cherokee I picked up for a STEAL

b088_1.JPG

FUCKING NIGHTMARE BEGINS, it could only be delivered to Bundaberg, that's OK my inlaws live there. Then they deliver it on a public holiday and tell me the truck will not go to a private address. How the fuck was I supposed to get an unregistered car home on a public holiday? :wallbash: Then the truck leaves 12 hours late and ends up delivering it in the middle of the night in the rain, despite the fact that my car was his first delivery he has it buried behind cars that will not start, I had to push an LTD off that fucking truck in the rain, wont budge "have you removed the chocks?", "shit" :wallbash:

I worked it out and got it to a AIS for a safety certificate and then I get the phone call, "I can't give you a safety certificate s7eve, it doesn't have an ADR compliance plate" :wallbash:

I call the seller who is a registered motor dealer and he does not want to give my money back. :wallbash: After some reasoning (read threaten him with loss of licence, legal fees and letting him know I can just reverse the charges on my Visa) he reluctantly gives me my money back. Bye Bye Jeep :wavey:

So the search for a new car begins AGAIN. Since the wife will be driving it more than me and I will soon have one of my cars on the road we decide to look at BMW's and Mercedes this decision is helped by the fact that fuel prices are rising daily and expected to be $2/L by the end of the year (now they are saying in 3 months) and my Dad buys wrecked BMW's for the BMW wreckers (cheap parts).

I find this on the Gold Coast

b0bc_1.JPG

My Dad checks it out, it has a few problems but he assures me he can get me the parts and we can sort it out in a day. The main problem is someone attempted to steal it and damaged the barrel, it also needs a windscreen, needs some paint and has a few interior issues.

My Dad picks me up (I'm 600 km away) and we drive down. One hour away and his alternator bearing goes, I tell him there is a servo 150m up the road but he never listens and pulls up on the shoulder. He gets the charge light to go out and we leave,

Psssshhhhhhhh,
DAD "what was that?"
MY BROTHER "sounds like you blew your tyre, hahahaha"
DAD "no it's driving fine"
ME "better pull over Dad, I can hear the tyre going down"
DAD "the tyre is fin......"Thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump"FUCK"
"told you"

It's 3AM, my Dad has nearly killed us twice tonight and now I'm changing a tyre on the Motorway, I remember why I keep telling myself never to get Dad involved in my business.

Daylight. We have to have the car at the Workshop by 10AM for the new windscreen but first I need to get to my bank and organise CTP insurance and rego application. My bank doesn't open until 9.30AM :wallbash:

Sorted I arrive to pick up the car,
"where's the key?"
"it was stolen" something Dad forgot to mention, we are going to need more than a barrel.

Get to the workshop and the windscreen guy is tapping his foot in the driveway but he's cool, he lets me have it for $200 cash, bargain. The safety inspection is happening at 1 PM so we have to pull our fingers out to get it ready on time, I start pulling it apart and Dad walks over to the boys to grab the parts, they haven't removed them yet. They are all Croats so it get heated very quickly.

1 PM arrives and they still don't have the parts out :wallbash: The wrong inspector comes out, it's supposed to be one of Dads mates but they sent out one of their guys that knows nothing about the situation, Dad has a talk to him and we get the certificate, while we are waiting for idiots to remove parts we get the car registered. We get back and they still haven't got the fucking steering lock off.

I don't want to stay overnight so we call another friend of Dads who is a BMW mechanic, we get to his workshop, he has a look, makes a call and lets me know it will cost $1000 and the parts will take 5-8 days to arrive, this is just the steering lock, key and barrel I still have to fix the other stuff. I tell him to do the service that's due and I will have the parts in the morning.

Next day, we go to Pacific fair to get phone credit, Dad's car is dead, catch a Taxi to pick up the truck he just bought for $600 with 6 months rego. Arrive at the truck, his mate says he has not started it in 2 months, another fucking flat battery :wallbash: We get it started and the brake pedal goes to the floor, great driving around the Gold Coast with no brakes.

While waiting for the parts I ring BMW to see what it would cost me, $1290 just for parts, so at $1000 fitted I'm getting a bargain but there is no way I'm spending $1000 on this, I have to get the parts cheaper. I can't wait for these fuckers to work out how to take the parts off anymore, they have had a day so I tell them I'll do it myself, done in 20 minutes, fucking dumb shits.

I get the parts up to James and wouldn't you know it they don't fit :wallbash:
We have almost lost another day but James gets on the phone and finds a wrecker in Brisbane that has everything we need for $500, he lets me know if I'm not back by 5PM he wont work until Monday.

I give Dad instructions how to get to the wreckers but do you think he listens, two toll gates and 30 km extra and we arrive.
"were here for the parts"
"no one said you wanted them, they are still on the car"
"bullshit, we said we wanted them and you guys said you had them at the counter" :wallbash:
new guy steps in "what do you want and what are you trying to do?"
we tell him
"that James is a fuckwit :blahblah: he has no fucking clue. You can't do that, others have tried, it can't be done, you are going to do $4000 worth of damage"
By now I have realised that everyone who works with BMW's think that everyone else who works with them is a fuckwit. After 1/2 hour of dicking around he realises he doesn't even have the parts :wallbash: and sends us to someone who does.

We arrive at the next place and make sure they have the parts before we continue, they do, we see them in the car. We run by them what the last guy said to us "he's a fuckwit, we do two of those a week" :lol:
I am sick of fucking around we cant get back on time now so I ask the guys "how much for the lot, key, barrel, steering lock, door lock, boot lock, and all the EWS modules?"
"$350" :woot: Fucking score. Extra missing trim pieces? $20 :woot:
I call James and convince him to come in on Saturday :woot:

Saturday, car is finished, fully serviced, new brake pads, drives like a dream, all up $400 labour $570 parts, with all my expenses included this car still only cost me about half it's market value and I've already had two offers for more than I have spent on it :woot:

I still have a few minor things left to sort out, repair drivers seat tears and paint work but I'm very happy.

But first I really need a set of Mags, oh and it's a 1995 318i Signature Edition
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now where do I put the sticker?
picture.php

picture.php

The problem with on the back window is you can't see it from behind the car.
picture.php

picture.php

Or would you put it somewhere else like rear quarter window?

@ Chris would it be OK for me to have the 777 in the banner made into a sticker for the windscreen?

Thanks for looking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
:( [action=s7eve]still doesn't know where to put the sticker[/action]

Vote peoples & 2 replies, I know we can do better than that.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
picture.php

:yesway: That's where mine is.

Go nuts on the banner if you'd like dude. :D The font is freeware, it's called Planet Kosmos.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you sir :yesway:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
I voted.

I have the same colored t-shirt on btw. Good choice.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I once had a MCD shirt that colour, it was my favourite shirt and people would always comment on it but a bowerbird took it along with many other favourite items.

')