NY/MA SS.org Meet-up @The Axe Palace: Sunday, January 30th 2011

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
If it wasn't 20 hours away I would definitely go. :(

And honestly, if it wasn't for school and a girlfriend who would throw a fit if I drove 20+ hours just to hang out with some guys I met on the internet (let the gay jokes commence :p ), I would anyway.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
If it wasn't 20 hours away I would definitely go. :(

And honestly, if it wasn't for school and a girlfriend who would throw a fit if I drove 20+ hours just to hang out with some guys I met on the internet (let the gay jokes commence :p ), I would anyway.

Bring girlfriend
Alternate driving (max. 10 hours each, no biggie)
Say "fuck school" (works best after father dies [bad reference is bad])

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Bring girlfriend
Alternate driving (max. 10 hours each, no biggie)
Say "fuck school" (works best after father dies [bad reference is bad])
:rofl:
That was my thread!

She wouldn't go, she studies like a mofo. I might still find some way to go, we'll see how it all goes.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, do we wanna set a target date of Sunday, January 30th then? That'll at least give me something to shoot for, incase I can get a few of the other NY forumites into the car for the trip.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Alright, do we wanna set a target date of Sunday, January 30th then? That'll at least give me something to shoot for, incase I can get a few of the other NY forumites into the car for the trip.

Sunday January 30th sounds great! I'm happy to provide directions, public transportation info, etc upon request as well. Let me know how things develop so I can plan accordingly. I'll order up some free pizzas for everyone :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I appreciate that Nick. :D You're much nicer than everybody says. :rofl: I keed, I keed.

Haha, no problem Randy. I'd like to think I'm a friendly, honest guy of course! I have a great relationship with the vast majority of guitarists out there, but naturally there will always be a few people who won't like you. Its the Internet, what can you do? :)

Anyways, keep me updated on who you think wants to come. I'll do my best to make it a fun time for everyone. I'll try to round up some local musicians to stop by too. I have an Axe-FX here as well for those who have never got to demo one before. I'll give out some free picks and strings as well.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another :bump:

...if you know anybody in the area, give them a shout. I'm commuting from West of Albany, so if you know anybody along the way, I'd be willing to pick them up on my way through. :yesway:

I'd like to get ~a dozen of us there if possible. :D If any of the MG folk aren't opposed to stopping by, that could be cool too.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Another :bump:

...if you know anybody in the area, give them a shout. I'm commuting from West of Albany, so if you know anybody along the way, I'd be willing to pick them up on my way through. :yesway:

I'd like to get ~a dozen of us there if possible. :D If any of the MG folk aren't opposed to stopping by, that could be cool too.

That sounds good, I'll keep that in mind. Around a dozen would probably be the most my shop could handle anyways, as it's just a small retail spot. The MG people are welcome to come too if they want. I have no issues with those guys.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Except for that MFB guy. Fuck him. :lol:

But yeah, thanks again. I'll try and help chip in for the pizza and stuff, to be fair.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Except for that MFB guy. Fuck him. :lol:

But yeah, thanks again. I'll try and help chip in for the pizza and stuff, to be fair.

Thanks but that's really not necessarily, I'm happy to buy all the pizzas and whatnot. You can bring the whiskey ;)

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I can make it:lol:
(The Axe Palace is like 10 minutes away from my house ) :agreed:
Nick call me when you get a chance and let me know what time and if you want me to bring anything

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
Apparently this is MY man orgy now... hahhaha

Bring shitloads of guinness! I'll pay!

And I never demo'd shit, so that would be a nice opportunity to touch high end guitars and amps without the dirty-guitar-center-employee-look :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Counting myself out at this point, too many factors to consider : working 8-4 that day, then have to drive to train station and find a way there from station, OR take car with a dying transmission ALL the way down there AND back. It'd be cool but not in the cards right now.

')