NY/MA SS.org Meet-up @The Axe Palace: Sunday, January 30th 2011

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOO *darth vader*

Well, consider this: I have NO idea how I'm going to get there...
And I'm going all the way from west mass..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and make the 3 hour tour from CT. Where in western Mass will you be leandroab?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool guys, sounds good. If anyone without a car needs a ride I'm sure that wont be a problem. Some people from Boston will definitely be coming.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of time frame were we looking at for this? If it's going somewhat into the night, then I might take Randy up on his offer (provided it's still on table of course) but if it were a "Get out of work, go an hour into Boston then leave an hour and a half later and drive an hour home" then I'll probably stay out.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me, so as long as I take off for home by 11pm - midnight, I should be fine.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me, so as long as I take off for home by 11pm - midnight, I should be fine.

I can stay as late as you guys want. I'm a night owl anyways.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, well then :lol: I can take the T down to as far as Braintree (last stop on the Red Line) and that looks to be probably 20-30 minutes away from Walpole which isn't too bad. I'll probably talk to my boss and give some BS about leaving early for some family event, that way I'll have more time to get down there and not feel like I'm rushing/late to the party.

Randy-Snookems is that a problem?

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm able to make it, I can give MFB and maybe one or two others in the Boston area a ride. I usually work until 6:30 on Sundays, but this is a little too early for me to say definitively what I'll be doing that day.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh, well then :lol: I can take the T down to as far as Braintree (last stop on the Red Line) and that looks to be probably 20-30 minutes away from Walpole which isn't too bad. I'll probably talk to my boss and give some BS about leaving early for some family event, that way I'll have more time to get down there and not feel like I'm rushing/late to the party.

Randy-Snookems is that a problem?

No no, the idea is to get on the Commuter Rail not the red line. There is a commuter rail MBTA stop about 2 minutes from my store.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
No no, the idea is to get on the Commuter Rail not the red line. There is a commuter rail MBTA stop about 2 minutes from my store.

:orly:

I just looked at the map and saw which one went furthest south and said "That's the one I need!" but if I can train all the way there then hell to the yeah

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Also, Nick, would you be cool with me bringing my camera down and taking some fancy-shmancy shots of all your high end shit? I'm doing Advanced Photo this upcoming semester and people have seemed to enjoy my gear shots more than anything else, so this would give me an opportunity to do some really high end gear shooting.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
Also, Nick, would you be cool with me bringing my camera down and taking some fancy-shmancy shots of all your high end shit? I'm doing Advanced Photo this upcoming semester and people have seemed to enjoy my gear shots more than anything else, so this would give me an opportunity to do some really high end gear shooting.

You should take pictures of everybody! I love having shit documented but hate taking pictures hahahah

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be bringing my camera and possibly my video camera so we can get a couple of jam clips.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
You should take pictures of everybody! I love having shit documented but hate taking pictures hahahah

Yar, this be an ol' 35mm using black and white film not this fancy DSLR jibba jabba that all the kids be usin' nowadays

But seriously, yeah, it's an old Nikkormat FT250 and all we do is 35mm B&W photography, so even if I took dozens of pics, I'd have to scan a bunch and upload them which I can't do.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

I'll be bringing my camera and possibly my video camera so we can get a couple of jam clips.

Yar, this be an ol' 35mm using black and white film not this fancy DSLR jibba jabba that all the kids be usin' nowadays

But seriously, yeah, it's an old Nikkormat FT250 and all we do is 35mm B&W photography, so even if I took dozens of pics, I'd have to scan a bunch and upload them which I can't do.

Yeah sure you guys can take some photos/videos. I'd just ask that I can check them out before being posted 'just in case' ;)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah sure you guys can take some photos/videos. I'd just ask that I can check them out before being posted 'just in case' ;)

Mine probably won't even make it on to here since I don't have any way of scanning the physical prints that are made from negatives :lol: They'd be used for purely grade purposes.

Edit : SHOULD they make it on the interwebs however, not only would I give them to you for approval, but I'd be more than happy to let you use them for advertisement purposes should you find them to be that impressive

/pretentious moment

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mine probably won't even make it on to here since I don't have any way of scanning the physical prints that are made from negatives :lol: They'd be used for purely grade purposes.

Edit : SHOULD they make it on the interwebs however, not only would I give them to you for approval, but I'd be more than happy to let you use them for advertisement purposes should you find them to be that impressive

/pretentious moment

Hell yeah, if they came out good I'd be honored to use them and give you all the credit (with links, etc).

')